Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nothing to install on my car, so i came about this idea. Since i have a marble chip on the right fog lense and extra piece from my interior dash trim. I decided to make it for the fog. It doesn't affect the light output. But the heat might melt away the 3m tape over an extended period of time. That can be controlled by not using the fogs that much. I can remove it easily if i decide to take it off, but this will prevent the the fog lense from cracking.

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts
lmao, very .. uh.. unique.. :up2: :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Lol that seems kind of rice, but it's unique, I'll give you a +1 for creativity.

What's the difference in light output, got pictures of before/after?

·
Banned
363 Posts
lol yeah im not really feeling it.. looks exactly like why you thought about it to begin with.. as if you're hiding a hidden defect/crack in the fogs..

but hey, just my imo, and you get an A+ just for having an Accord anyway :)

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey thanks for being honest. But i will leave it on for now because it's much cheaper than replacing the fog when it finally breaks.

I don't have before pics but heres the after.

Yeah the beam pattern and output change slightly but fogs are more show than function. We don't see fog that often so i turn them on mostly on rainy days.

·
Eccenpix
1,862 Posts
I wanna see morning picture with the whole car in it!

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
that's a pretty cool idea. good job!

one thing though...if you're afraid of the 3M tape melting...try using servo tape (you can get it at any hobby store that sells R/C cars....the real ones...that go vroom =]). It's black...double sided...and it sticks like crazy while resisting heat.

·
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the recommendation, i'll look into it sometime. You don't see everyday, eyelids for fogs. I made it slanted to give it an aggressive look and it mesh well with the black grille.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts