Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My HFP rims....finally pics.

GOD DAMMIT!!!! I bought my rims, they came nicely. I bought my tires... and when I went to mount my tires and rims today 3 was nice and 1 was gashed at the sidewall so that was gone. :( I just went to Tire Rack and bought 1 Yokohama AVS ES100 225/45/17 tire man this **** sucks. I bought 4 used Yokos for $252.50 shipped on eBay!!! I wasn't really pissed because either way it would be cheaper to buy used than all new, but next time I WILL BUY NEW TIRES!

I'll have pictures once I install it fully. Right now I'm sitting on 3 HFP rims and 1 stock 16. It sways to one side and I hear this weird noise coming from the wheels... I believe its the front passenger side one and my stock is at my driver side rear so it might be that, that is causing the noise. Hopefully it isn't something big.

What's really messed up though and will get me pissed is that now that messed up tire is on the rim already and unmounting it might cause scratches! F! :mad:

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it bad to drive around with 3 17" tires on low profiles with 1 16" with stock Michelins?

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
i dont think it will be that big a deal. they should all have the same overall diameter. so i dont see that it would be a BIG problem. i would do it for long. and i would try to fly around corners or autox any time, but i dont think its a problem. especially just a 1 inch dif between wheels.

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The good thing is the eBay seller is willing to give me a 25% refund on the tire or an exchange... but I already ordered a new one from TireRack so it'll be pretty much pointless to get one from him. Hence I might as well get some dough to pay off this new tire. Hehehe, dang I just can't wait till everything is fixed up!

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welp he gave me back $60+ and I got my new tire today... mounted it and ohhh boy. The pictures are coming heeheheheh.

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
hammer03 said:
very nice! i like those wheels.

when's the drop coming?

Thanks, whew, I just got done cleaning and shining the wheel and tire... I think I'll just play off a drop by adding the OEM lip kit. Cause I really don't feel like dropping in NY.

·
Registered
36 Posts
that looks sick... are those the ones off a civic? I was thinking of going with that setup.. cant beat it for that price... 500 for the rims.. and another 400 for tires... then was thinking the HFP drop kit for another $500... Dont really want to drop my car.. been there done that.. but 1" aint bad...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Heres my car a dark emerald

yeah i'm 4 x4 also. I need the clearance to scale 35 degree inclines. :banana: haha jk

I got bfgoodrich traction ta v tires size 215 50 17.

I wanna get H&R springs eventually. I rode in blacknights car and it rode good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts