Accord V6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 1/2 hours for the install for the intake i was ready for the test drive. Right now i have a stock exhaust and i am not sure if it would make a difference with the intake combo. Inital accelleration was a tad better and mid range to upper was a pretty good improvment. Does it justify 250 bucks for the performance and visual of the intake. Yes my engine looks alot better now i think. Changeing or cleaning the filter will probbly be a pain but the air sucking through the intake at 3k plus sounds cool and pulls alittle harder than the stock intake. Maybe on a cooler day it will work out better and plus the computer still is learning? I would say definitly get it if you have a v6 auto but if you are strap for cash i would wait. I dont see how the comptech ice box will over come AEM v2 i dont see it happening . I think the design of the tube is way better then injen. I was expecting at least 8-15hp increase but to tell you the truth this is my first mod and to feel anything really really strong would probbly be a 30-60 hp upgrade. i.e supercharger or turbo. I think in the long run once i get my exhaust the intake wil work twice as better .
Overall i like it esspecially with the acura 2004 TL engine cover and the intake combine looks really cool.
Later

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/575099

:D :D :D :D :eek: :eek:

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
thanks. you can "feel" 10hp/tq. but butt-dynos aren't sensitive enough for the most part to really know the difference for sure. Too bad you didn't do before/after dynos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.