Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 20 miles on tranny #2 and I'm able to shift into Park while still in gear :rolleye2:

I've never seen this mentioned before which is why I posted this.
Contrary to my posts, I'm not just here to complain.
But owning an AV6 automatic will do that I guess.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
:ugh:

Take it back and have them put in another one (dealership warranty). They obviously gave you a bad one, or they screwed up installing the one that is in your car right now.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
TXV6 said:
Less than 20 miles on tranny #2 and I'm able to shift into Park while still in gear :rolleye2:

I've never seen this mentioned before which is why I posted this.
Contrary to my posts, I'm not just here to complain.
But owning an AV6 automatic will do that I guess.
It seems as if you just took a pic of that part of the dash when you started up the car because most of the lights are on. I mean your not going to be driving in gear with your doors and trunk open and not wearing your seatbelt are you?

What do you guys think, I think he should look into it but it seems as if he caught the dash as it lit up, but thats just me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Accord_V6_400m said:
It seems as if you just took a pic of that part of the dash when you started up the car because most of the lights are on. I mean your not going to be driving in gear with your doors and trunk open and not wearing your seatbelt are you?

What do you guys think, I think he should look into it but it seems as if he caught the dash as it lit up, but thats just me.

When I put the car in park, I couldn't take the key out.
Started the car again, and while the dash light sequence came on I caught this.
It won't show after the sequence stops, but explains why I can't get my key out.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Sucks, just go back to the dealer and be like "You'll never guess what happened" with your hand behind your head and your eyes shut (anime style) :D

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
TXV6 said:
When I put the car in park, I couldn't take the key out.
Started the car again, and while the dash light sequence came on I caught this.
It won't show after the sequence stops, but explains why I can't get my key out.
The D4 light always comes on when you start the car. After a few seconds, the light shuts off. If you can't remove the key while in park, your ignition interlock might be broken. Take it to the dealership and have them look at it.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
The D4 light always comes on when you start the car. After a few seconds, the light shuts off. If you can't remove the key while in park, your ignition interlock might be broken. Take it to the dealership and have them look at it.

uhh....when i start my car...my D4 light never comes on =/

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
VietNinjaJ30A1 said:
uhh....when i start my car...my D4 light never comes on =/
Hmm, that might not be a good thing. Does your transmission show signs of failing (rough shifts, hesitation, slipping, etc)?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts