Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Got LSD?
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys just wanted to show you what I got. I went from this

To this

These are Motegi Traklite 2s. They are 14.5 pounds a piece. My old rims and tires weigh'd 48 pounds together. The new setup is only 35 pounds. I can definatly tell I got my torque back and it brakes way better. Let me know what you think. I will put up better pics later.

·
Got LSD?
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I debated on going for black 18s or 19s but im more into performance then anything anymore so the 17s were a perfect fit for me. These things are so light.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
switching from chrome on our cars is always good. i like em. i need some lighter rims tho, haha, i bet mine weigh close to 50 with tires, it sucks. i can feel it soo much when i put them on. i love the way they look tho. ive been thinking of Work Emotions tho, i really like those.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
very nice and light! how much do those rims cost! i've always wanted lighter/faster rims! saving 13lbs off each rim saves how much time off the 1/4m? say ur car runs 15.0s with 48lbs.

·
Got LSD?
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kleptodathief said:
very nice and light! how much do those rims cost! i've always wanted lighter/faster rims! saving 13lbs off each rim saves how much time off the 1/4m? say ur car runs 15.0s with 48lbs.
Probably 2 or 3 10ths of a second. I can totally tell the difference in torque. I got rims and tires for 2gs. With these and the few other things I have done from last year I will probably be a 13 sec member :D

·
Got LSD?
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
SIRSIG said:
what brand of tires? how wide? all season tires?
Rims are 17x8, tire 225/45/17 which are wider then my previous setup and the tires are toyo proxes4. These are toyos new performance series. I also got the tires sipped. This is where they put all the slits in them to help stop in the rain. If any of you know how much it rain here.

·
Got LSD?
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SIRSIG said:
you know you can go 235/245 on those 8" right? :naughty:
Yeah I know but the car was on jack stands when I got them and I just wanted to make sure everything fit. Dont worry this is just the first set of tires :D

·
335i coupe
654 Posts
Nice light ones. I also love SSR Competition :up2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts