Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car is currently in the shop right now getting a tranny, motor mounts and cables installed :) So I thought that this would be the perfect time to come up with something new exterior wise to my car, since I have all this time. So ive decided that I will modify how the front of my car looks, its very simple yet effective I think, without having to go to the expensive route of a front kit. A lot of ppl have "Type-R" grill on their 98-00 fronts, yet i havent seen it on the 01-02 bumper. So I thought id play the rebel and do it on mine :cool: I have to admit, it was a #[email protected]$ and painful to take a saw to my new front (i bought a new front from honda a few months ago) Also I think it looks a lot better than on the 98-00 fronts, since the 01-02 are more aggressive lookin :cool: So here it is! Now I just have to wait till I get my car back this friday so I can put it on and see how it looks, im also putting on some CF eyelids, so hopefully the end result will be good ;) Let me know wat u guys think :D Stay tuned for updates :)

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
aznfunkyflip said:
looking good anthony, but i think it'll look better if you paint the grill "black" and remove the "H" emblem.

just my opinion :)
Ive thought about, so im going through process of elimination right now. I have to wait until i get my car back so i can test/check which looks better. I dont wanna paint it now, and then regret it :(

·
training less...
299 Posts
wait i thought the grills on 01-02 bumpers had to be cut out, leaving these big gaps where the supports used to be?

am i just confused? any ways nice job as always.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
maying856 said:
Ive thought about, so im going through process of elimination right now. I have to wait until i get my car back so i can test/check which looks better. I dont wanna paint it now, and then regret it :(
I like the look you have right now, if you paint it and then get rid of the honda emblem, then you will look like everyone else on this board. Do something different, I realize youve already took one step towards unique by sawing off your 01 bumper but then why look like everyone else? might as well go all the way, and you can always paint later when u get tired of the look u have right now. My vote goes for current look

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blackhawk411 said:
I like the look you have right now, if you paint it and then get rid of the honda emblem, then you will look like everyone else on this board. Do something different, I realize youve already took one step towards unique by sawing off your 01 bumper but then why look like everyone else? might as well go all the way, and you can always paint later when u get tired of the look u have right now. My vote goes for current look
Very well said, I couldnt agree more :)

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
So basically you hacked off the top/middle of the bumper?

Did you glue/bolt the Type-R grill on?

Closeups and better quality pics please. I'd be interested in doign this, except I was thinking cutting the cross-beam and bondo-ing the holes, like Hairballs was saying.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts