Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm starting to get tired of having to burn and reburn cd's over and over again since i dont have an ipod. well, instead of spending $200-300 on a new ipod, i figured i'd just buy an extra 1 gb memory stick for my psp for only $40. now that i have a fully functioning mp3 player, i went to my local walmart and got the belkin tunecast digital fm transmitter for $20. surprisingly, it worked almost flawlessly. i am a huge audiophile, but i was pretty pleased with the bass and sound clarity from the belkin fm transmitter. it was ALOT better than my cousin's i-trip.

then i went to staples to buy some adhesive velcro strips for $2. i attached two of them on my psp, and then two of them on the center bin, so the psp wouldn't fly around as i drove. the only downside is that if you want to access the center bin, you have to detach the psp, but since it's velcro, you can still attach it back on. also, the psp's LCD screen is glare friendly, so i just rely on shoulder buttons to change my music.

well, the mod isn't exactly as great as having an actual mp3 player in the car, but for $62, i now have a fully functional mp3 player in my car.

the actual screen isn't this dim. it's because of the camera flash. also, the car is in park, not drive, so the shifter is blocking the way.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
for a second I thought you ripped out your headunit and replaced it w/ a PSP (didnt look at the pic so close) then I scrolled down and noticed the PSP on the cubby door :p You can use the PSP as a video display too :laugh:

the cubby door doesnt open back up while pressing the buttons on the PSP? that would get annoying.

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts
link to the belkin tunecast digital fm transmitter :)

·
Sponsored by my bank acct
229 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
for a second I thought you ripped out your headunit and replaced it w/ a PSP (didnt look at the pic so close) then I scrolled down and noticed the PSP on the cubby door :p You can use the PSP as a video display too :laugh:

the cubby door doesnt open back up while pressing the buttons on the PSP? that would get annoying.
+1, thought the same thing. That would be crazy if you did that mod though and cut the cubby door to sit the psp in flush. Looks cool nonetheless.

·
Superccord
907 Posts
I'm suprised how well the FM TRANSMITTER worked in the Accord. When I tried the same one with my iPod, the monster fm transmitter, on my brother's 04 maxima, it was lacking so much Bass.

But on the accord it sounds good except it feels as if the treble was turned down a bit.

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
thats awesome and doesnt look too bad either. how far does it stick out (i.e. if your changing gears w. a 6spd, would it get in the way?)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts