Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
*this space for rent*
1,024 Posts
Tein Comfort Specs!!! nice!! Let us know how the ride is on those! Where did you get them and for how much?

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
hey punk! you didnt PM me! haha jk. at what time are you getting them installed and where?

I was gonna PM you sometime next week to see what was up kuz I knew it was close but they are here! good luck bro! remember that you might need to use some washers like jobata had to use on his tein flex...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah, washers.

I got my flex yesterday and since jobata and shon didn't respond to the questions I had to take the rear shock assembly out just to measure the size of the washers needed. Surprised I couldn't find the answer even from guys who installed Koni's since they HAVE to use the washers on our cars.

You need four 12mm washers 3mm thick one on each side of the shock.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Okay got my Flex installed finally!

Looks like 2x 3mm thick washers are too thick. I ended up using one 3mm on one side and one 2mm on the other. Fits perfectly!

Good luck with yours if your doing the install by yourself. It took me around 6 hours to do mine only because noone was available to help and I needed it installed NOW :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Doctor_X said:
Sorry for being n00by but why are additional washers needed?

Because the knuckle on the TSX is thinner than the Accord and those coilovers are only available for the TSX so in order to get a snug fit, you have to use the washers.

Cups, sorry for not replying to your answer. Mark bought 2 different sizes of washer from wallmart, we had to mix 2 washers cause it wouldnt fit otherwise. After installing the coilovers, he threw the packaging away and cannot remember the size anymore.
Thanks for letting us know about the size, I'll add that to my original thread.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup Tein Comfort Sport - took exactly a month to ship so I can't wait. My friend is going to help me with the install but he had something come up tomorrow so this will have to wait until this weekend or early next week :(

Oscar - I was gonna let you know when they came in but I just got them and couldn't wait to post a teaser pic :p

Cups - Thanks in advance for the info. on the washers. I went out and got several in advance before the install. Did you have any other issues installing the FLEX other than the washers?

I'll keep everyone updated when install comes around - I'm really hoping it'll be as easy to install as the FLEX was for you guys.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No issues at all. I can't figure out how thick the washers in the picture posted by Jobata are but I would recommend 5mm in total. I don't know if they sell 2.5mm washers anywhere but like I said I used 3+2. I don't think 1mm difference will make a problem.

Just remember to disconnect the rear end links (from the knuckle, not the bar) and for that you may need to disconnect the bar's bushing bracket too. You need to do this just to be able to maneuver the stock shock out. Someone to press down on the wheel hub a bit while you remove the shock is a plus, but one can do it on his own.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts