Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just realized that I didnt share this with fellow V6Pers so here it is. Took me about 2 months to analyze,plan and complete it. Coupe owners would understand this mod better. The reason I did was I want to get TSX mirrors so all the turn signals should be amber, the red and amber wont look right.

OEM:
Brake light and Parking light are in the same section i.e. Bottom
Middle section is for Reverse light
Top section is Turn signals i.e. RED

Now:
Parking light..... Bottom
Turn signal....... Middle
Brake light....... Top
Reverse light.... Also in the middle.

1> PARKING LIGHTS

2> BRAKE LIGHT

3> TURN SIGNALS

4> HAZARD

5> Reverse light

6> TURN SIGNAL WITH BRAKES

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
Drew(sick6speed) had it done when he had the stock lights. I think he helped 04ryda on it too.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haggard said:
Like GREAT.

Could use some of your knowledge with the problems with the LED tail lights problem.
If anybody finds me a pair of used pair of tailights for my car, I promise a great DIY with LED conversion.

Iam about to do a full LED tailight retrofit. I have all the parts but cant find a pair of tailights for a decent price. I will post a DIY as always. Hopefuly it will look great, stock and cheaper than most aftermarket tailights.

·
863 Posts
I'm liking it. HOwever, I'm a big fan of red turns; i do understand your wanting to match amber with amber though.

One thing I was wondering is:

Have the upper and lower red sections be brake and running lights, while leaving the upper still as turns too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
shon.nv said:
If anybody finds me a pair of used pair of tailights for my car, I promise a great DIY with LED conversion.

Iam about to do a full LED tailight retrofit. I have all the parts but cant find a pair of tailights for a decent price. I will post a DIY as always. Hopefuly it will look great, stock and cheaper than most aftermarket tailights.
I have a set. But than I can't DIY when your done :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
shon.nv said:

i have a set of taillights...u do me a retro to while ur a t it then u can use mine :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haggard said:
I have a set. But than I can't DIY when your done :(
You can loan me your so I can finish the project, then I will send it back to you to do the same.
My car is a daily driver so I need an extra pair of tailights to do the project. Help a brotha out....

Anyone??????

·
Registered
127 Posts
that is exactly and i mean exactly what i have been wanting since i got my car. Can you put a diy exactly how you did it?

-eloy

·
Registered
127 Posts
hey shon, hope someone sends you those taillights for your badass project; in the mean time is there any way you could tell us how you rewired your taillights and how you mounted the turn signal. thanks

-eloy

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
shon.nv: said:

Why don't you contact a few scrap yards? You should be able to find at least one light assembly to experiment on.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts