Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
OwAce said:
or you can get wheel spacers that push them out 10 mm.
10mm space will make offset +30mm.

to get higher offset you would need to shave few millimeters of the back of rim.
to know how much you can shave you'd probably need to contact rim manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
dme330i said:
18x7.5 with 225's should work if you're not slammed.
no it will work FINE...i had 18x7.5 lowered about +2.2in with 225 tires NO rub. its a good fit and looks flush...

hard to tell on the last pic but u can see the flushness. that is with spc camber kit install in the rear....38 offset might be perfect...tho

wheel spaceers add mm....not off....which everyone already said...honda99 got it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
accord03 said:
no it will work FINE...i had 18x7.5 lowered about +2.2in with 225 tires NO rub. its a good fit and looks flush...

hard to tell on the last pic but u can see the flushness. that is with spc camber kit install in the rear....38 offset might be perfect...tho

wheel spaceers add mm....not off....which everyone already said...honda99 got it.

Thanks for all the replies.

I also found out that the spacers reduce offset after reading off the net.

accord03: what is your offset on those rims and are you running 40series?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
they are r-1 type 6r...got them while back for a cheap ass price....but yeha dont get them..the lug caps fell off and hit the side of my car.....i was waxing for hours.....bu tyeah....they are +40 18x7.5 with 225/40 tires.....here is two more pics...

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
HONDA_99 said:
10mm space will make offset +30mm.

to get higher offset you would need to shave few millimeters of the back of rim.
to know how much you can shave you'd probably need to contact rim manufacturer.

:bonk: :smack: DOH!... totally forgot it goes the otherway..i used my wheelspacers to push my wheels out a little bit..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
accord03 said:
they are r-1 type 6r...got them while back for a cheap ass price....but yeha dont get them..the lug caps fell off and hit the side of my car.....i was waxing for hours.....bu tyeah....they are +40 18x7.5 with 225/40 tires.....here is two more pics...

I remember you now from your old screen name.

So with 225/40/18 with an offset of +40, will not rub front or back when loaded?

If I do go with these rims, think the 235/40 will cause much difference? 235 would be perfect cause the speedo will not be affected as much.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
snipes said:
I remember you now from your old screen name.

So with 225/40/18 with an offset of +40, will not rub front or back when loaded?

If I do go with these rims, think the 235/40 will cause much difference? 235 would be perfect cause the speedo will not be affected as much.
You will rub with 235.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts