Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vietnastee said:
I liked it but Windstruck is hella sad. it's not as funny as the first one at all.

My Sassy Girl was a much better movie than its spiritual successor Windstruck I thought.. Windstruck seemed too unoriginal and contrived at times, like it was trying to recapture the feeling of Sass..

·
Registered
585 Posts
There is going to be an AMERICAN remake of alot of the Asian movies.

INFERNAL AFFAIRS - supposedly it was going to be brad pitt and matt damien.

Either way, I wouldn't watch any of the American versions because I feel the flavor would just be lost through the process of re-making it. Even the movie version of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon lost alot of meaning, it was a remake of a soap series.

"My Sassy Girl" - is a pretty cool movie, interesting twist just like alot of the korean movies.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
noooooooo not Infernal Affairs.. everyone realized what a crappy trilogy it was a couple months after its 3 incredibly-overhyped releases. not sure how Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock will do trying to recapture the feeling behind My Sassy Girl; at its heart, the movie is still about teenage/20-year old insecurities..

SlvrBulletV6 said:
There is going to be an AMERICAN remake of alot of the Asian movies.

INFERNAL AFFAIRS - supposedly it was going to be brad pitt and matt damien.

Either way, I wouldn't watch any of the American versions because I feel the flavor would just be lost through the process of re-making it. Even the movie version of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon lost alot of meaning, it was a remake of a soap series.

"My Sassy Girl" - is a pretty cool movie, interesting twist just like alot of the korean movies.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW I'm not sure if most people are familiar with this, but in Chinese/HK cinema, a lot of times popular actors were chosen for the cast of a certain movie simply because of their status as a musical pop icon. For example, in Infernal Affairs, Kelly Chen, Leon Lai, and Edison Chen were all music stars before their entrance onto the big screen- the fact that there were so many musical celebrities on the Infernal Affairs cast is part of what made it so big

·
Registered
585 Posts
Stormtrooper said:
noooooooo not Infernal Affairs.. everyone realized what a crappy trilogy it was a couple months after its 3 incredibly-overhyped releases. not sure how Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock will do trying to recapture the feeling behind My Sassy Girl; at its heart, the movie is still about teenage/20-year old insecurities..
I don't know what you don't like about it, but I actually found the trilogy pretty darn awesome, well the third one wasn't all that great, but the 2nd one was my favorite. Then again, I like all mafia movies. From Godfather, to Young and Dangerous all 12 of them (that includes the background stories of each characters.)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Stormtrooper said:
BTW I'm not sure if most people are familiar with this, but in Chinese/HK cinema, a lot of times popular actors were chosen for the cast of a certain movie simply because of their status as a musical pop icon. For example, in Infernal Affairs, Kelly Chen, Leon Lai, and Edison Chen were all music stars before their entrance onto the big screen- the fact that there were so many musical celebrities on the Infernal Affairs cast is part of what made it so big
I think in general all the chinese actors first were music artist first. A chinese celeb requirement seems to must have both musical and acting talent.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Some Korean movies that I like were: Shiri, Taeguki, and My Wife is Gangster 1 and 2.
French Movie: Taxi 1-3 (fixed up Peugot, evos in the 3rd one)
Chinese: Hero, Flying Daggers were very artistic. Young and Dangerous series. The old Jet Li HK movies.
Brazil: City of God - that is CRAZY movie....don't know how to describe but it was awesome.

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
MySassyGirl said:
JooGuhLae?!?!?!?
Seen this movie a few years ago. I've watched this quite a few times. She's very de thuong / kawaii / cute

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
btw old boy is another good korean movie (2003).. psycho-thriller movie; top reviews from a lot of places

in HK cinema, wong kar-wai's fallen angels and chungking express are my favs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts