Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished installing my shift knob and boot. they're Momo Automatic Black Shift Knob and Momo Profile Gray Shift Boot. the shifter has been cut about an inch or so and it still function like the stock. :cool:

i've read that some ppl had an issue about not having to get to D1 ... and some are saying that they can shift w/o having to push the knob, which i think isn't safe at all.

installation isn't that hard at all ... it just takes time if you want to to look nice. quality takes time. you can probably do this w/o even looking at any DIY instructions. it's pretty much common sense ... really. ;)

let me know what you guys think :)

On Parking:

On D4:

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
Very nice. That looks great, how much did the two momo pieces run you?

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
looks good man. what'd you use to keep the shift boot on the shaft? i'm gonna put one around my TL shifter...but I need to know how to keep the boot from sliding down.

awesome job. i've always liked that knob!

·
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mista jc said:
Very nice. That looks great, how much did the two momo pieces run you?
thanx. i got the knob from a member here for $$75 shipped ... and i got the boot from a guy on ebay for $45 shipped. i pretty much got 'em for a good deal, but i can't believe i just spent $120 for shift knob and boot :laugh:

VietNinjaJ30A1 said:
looks good man. what'd you use to keep the shift boot on the shaft? i'm gonna put one around my TL shifter...but I need to know how to keep the boot from sliding down.

awesome job. i've always liked that knob!
the boot has a plastic that you can thread it to the momo knob. i'm not sure if all Momo Boots are like that, but the one i got is. so they really worked together :D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
thought you had euro gauges??.. what happened to them?.. anyways nice set-up... i just recently got alot of MOMO interior stuff but haven't gotten around to postin' pic's... our interiors look so much alike :p

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Looks great, did you had to grind the ebrake handle down in order to fit a aftermarket one?

What kind of boot is it?

·
Boosted!
7,368 Posts
I got a question

I installed the shift boot a few months ago now i recently installed the shift knob and the boot seems to fall off.. any info how to stop that

How did you cut the shifter.... just a pipe cutter and take off an inch or so and thats it

·
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
robbyx_209[9] said:
thought you had euro gauges??.. what happened to them?.. anyways nice set-up... i just recently got alot of MOMO interior stuff but haven't gotten around to postin' pic's... our interiors look so much alike :p
i never had euro gauges bro :p

post a pix when your done with your interior. i plan on getting Momo Millenium Evo Steering Wheel ... i hope that isn't the one that you got :gapteeth:

Aztro said:
Looks great, did you had to grind the ebrake handle down in order to fit a aftermarket one?

What kind of boot is it?
yes ... i had to grind some part on the e-brake handle. the boot is Momo Profile Gray.

comptechV6 said:
I got a question

I installed the shift boot a few months ago now i recently installed the shift knob and the boot seems to fall off.. any info how to stop that

How did you cut the shifter.... just a pipe cutter and take off an inch or so and thats it
i'm sure there are lots of ways to take care of the boot. if i didn't got the Momo boot, i would probably use some zip-tie or something to hold the boot. put the zip-tie on the inside so it isn't visible.

i used a dremel to cut the shifter since it's the only tool i got, but i heard some ppl actually use a pipe cutter, which i'm sure it would work better.

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
thats fugly .. haha : PPP

jp roger .. looks great man .. i saw cut another 1/2 inch : ]

I cant wait till spring when i showcase my car : ]

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
aznfunkyflip said:

post a pix when your done with your interior. i plan on getting Momo Millenium Evo Steering Wheel ... i hope that isn't the one that you got :gapteeth:
you getting the regular millenium or the millenium evo??.. i'm not sure which one i'm getting yet??.. so far i've got knob, boot (performance leather), e-brake, floor pedals, floor mats, and shoulder pads... LOL.. steering wheel will be next then the tuner seats, way down the road....

edit: crap i didn't read it through.. ur getting the evo :p mah bad

·
Boosted!
7,368 Posts
aznfunkyflip said:

yes ... i had to grind some part on the e-brake handle. the boot is Momo Profile Gray.

i'm sure there are lots of ways to take care of the boot. if i didn't got the Momo boot, i would probably use some zip-tie or something to hold the boot. put the zip-tie on the inside so it isn't visible.

i used a dremel to cut the shifter since it's the only tool i got, but i heard some ppl actually use a pipe cutter, which i'm sure it would work better.

Yea i got the same boot and same shift knob as you

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
02SilverAcc2dr said:
got my only $20
Ever considered investing in a vacuum? :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts