Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive got stock tires (205/60/16) and im doin like 80 down the highway..next thing i know i see u 2x4 flying side ways at my car and it hits my tire and i hear it bouncing off my sideskirt...so i sotp like 10 min later to get gas and i see a bubble in the side of my tire with a nice little slit in the tire too... i mean ive seen plenty of bubbles on like 18's but in a friggin stock tire

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
ooh blister on the tire, that sucks

·
orange county, socal
988 Posts
i have a pair of stock tires u can buy off of me. i sold 2 already and have 2 left. kinda same thing with the first guy. he just needed to replace the ones that were ballooning till all the tires were going to wear out evenly instead of just replacing 2 or even replacing 4 while the other 2 were still usable. so basically i have the stock michelin 205 60 r 16 for only 25 bucks each the only thing is that u live too far. im cali.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i know... these tires still have like 50% tread left, my worn out tires are just fine lol. The good news is theyre only $100 now instaed of the $175 i paid for them like 18 months ago. I'm just pissed i never imagined this happening on stock tires

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have seen it on tires that are a month old.... that really gets a customer pissed off. What type of tire is it? if you call the manufacturer and tell them that you don't know how it happened but there is a buble in the side of the tire they most likely will give you a customer satisfactiopn discount. it will save you some cash and you can use that money you are saving to buy the optional road hazard coverage from whoever you are buying the tire from. It's called pinch shock, the sidewall got pinched between the road and the rim and caused a bruise or crack on the inside sidewall which is how teh bubble forms.

if it is a michelin call 1-800-847-8475 and ask for customer relations.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the best thing that you can do to prevent this is to keep the propper air pressure in your tires... if your air pressure is low you are more likely to have problems with bubbles in the sidewall. If you live in a climate where the weather fluctuates weekly you need to check your tires air pressure at least once a month. I also recomend using nitrogen to fill your tires not air. nitrogen stays more constant than air does. If the temperature drops 20 degrees oxygen molocules get closer together and hence the pressure in the tire drops. If you use nitrogen it does not fluctuate as much.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i checked my tires yesterday afternoon lol it was exactly 30 lbs. they're toyo proxes tpt.

theres also a gash that doesnt go all the way through the sidewall, im not sure if its visable in this pic

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
think i can fit a 225/55/16 tire?..the diameter is almost the same as stock and it will fit the rim

ok i decided to go with the 225/55/16 tires, i feel confident they will fit because some other people around here have them... I'm gonna get Pirelli P-zero Nero M+S. My friend has these on his 18's on his eclipse and they're amazing pretty much.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...se&partnum=25WR60NMS&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
they look good, hows the tread life gonna be? i hear pirelli's are pretty sticky, which wouldnt make for a long life, haha.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
tireguy98 said:
I also recomend using nitrogen to fill your tires not air. nitrogen stays more constant than air does. If the temperature drops 20 degrees oxygen molocules get closer together and hence the pressure in the tire drops. If you use nitrogen it does not fluctuate as much.

and you have a great marketing pitch, except for every 10 degree drop in weather you lose 1psi. nitrogen you dont have that phenomenon.

it be cheaper to be refilling/check your tires once a month.

nitrogen fillings costs bout $4 a tire.

·
Registered
841 Posts
dude just buy a used tire...and i would save up for some nice 17s.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts