Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a VIS Carbon Fiber Trunk. I'm looking to do a straight trade with a SSM trunk.

Locals Only.

It will come with lightened trunk springs as well.

You Add 100

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
Can you tell me more about the lightened trunk springs? Just curious for my own personal benefit, I've read a few threads on options for CF trunk springs but am still undecided on the best option.

By the way, this is a great deal for anyone with an SSM trunk...good luck, hopefully it won't be for sale/trade too long.

·
Got LSD?
1,216 Posts
lets just put it this way, if you open your truck with the lever in the car and you have the stock springs it wants to put the trunk through your back window.

·
Brad
4,318 Posts
lets just put it this way, if you open your truck with the lever in the car and you have the stock springs it wants to put the trunk through your back window.
Thanks, but that didn't answer my question. I already know about the strength of the OEM trunk springs being too strong for a carbon fiber trunk, I have a carbon fiber trunk already.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3 ways to retain the "springness" to a cf trunk

1. Lightened springs
- keep the springs on the car, then take a torch to them, then as they heat up, the torsional stress reduces. Be careful, do not release too much stress. Keep in mind the torsional force is NOT linear. It will have to be a test and go basis.

2. CF hood dampers - simple explanation, just drill and mount :)

3. Leave one spring in place, but this creates a hump on one side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts