Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This stuff has been sitting in my room for god who knows how long. Finally got around to doing some installing! I should be done by next week. Sorry for crappy cell pics.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll try to update this thread by the end of the week... I've been getting stuck at work and I get lazy when I finally get some free time.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...I totally forgot to update this thread. Here you go...

Sorry about the messy wiring. My Hifonics Brutus started blowing smoke after about 30 min of use so I was too too mad to go back and organize things. I had to install a brand new (from 1996) Lanzar Optidrive 2500 to take its place temporarily. One of the USamps was running the mids in bridged mode and was doing 250+ watts a side. It ended up getting super hot and shutting off so now I'm just running it regularly. I'll be replacing all these amps very shortly. Once I do this I'm going to be putting a false floor above the spare tire area to cover everything.

I ended up covering the tweeter pods in carpet instead of vinyl (what I originally planned) because I never realized how much work it was going to take to make the pods as smooth as I wanted. I also got frustrated with them because they ended up being too fat and werent fitting into the door pockets as well as I hoped... I'm not sure if you can see it in the pics but the front of the door pockets it bowing outward slightly from the pods. All in all though I'm pretty satisfied with my first fiberglassing attempt.

As for the sound I'm really satisfied with the midbass and subbass. The bass punches hard and dips LOW. The box for the H2 is 4cu/ft tuned to 28hz. Tonality and staging kind of suck right now. If there's anyone in the chicago land area with a good ear and some SQ disks and are handy with an EQ I could use your help. The EQ in the processor is really impressive and offers fully independant processing/EQing in each channel (parametric to boot). I just don't know where to start as far as which frequencies to attenuate/boost. Anyway if anyone knows of any good SQ tuning disks I can buy online it would be much appreciated. Well anyway heres a few pics of what I have done so far.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good gawd your rear deck is gonna shake itself to pieces, better dynamat the hell out of that thing.

looking good though :)

Most of the car is dynamatted. The trunk lid was sealed up pretty well and filled with expanding foam. The doors are probably 30 pounds heavier than stock with all the deadener/foam/equipment.

The only noticeable rattle is the rear view mirror which is now useless when I'm playing music. The rear deck only rattles when the rear seats are up, which they will only be when I have rear passengers. :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New amp. USamps Merlin MD-3D ([email protected]). My system has come alive now. I don't know how or why, maybe I got lucky with my box design but this setup punches harder and hits deeper than any sealed setup I ran in my last car. It could be because my car is a coupe? I don't know I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, where did you ground your amps? I've been swapping grounding points to try and eliminate some static/alternator whine, with no such luck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts