Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently installing a OEM Navigation System into my non-Navi Accord. I have everything installed and I have both Navi Codes and Radio Codes. I entered my Navi Code and works great, and then I enter my Radio code and it doesnt seem to work. I was able to retrieve these codes from a Honda Parts personnel with the serial numbers off of the units. He checked twice and the code for the radio doesnt work.

Can someone explain how they would enter their codes for their Radio and Navi in a step-by-step process?

Im just wondering if its just me or its the Radio not accepting the code.

Thanks

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
call your parts/service dept that you bought it from! if they dont give you the service you deserve, then call HOA and *****!! ;D

·
Registered
444 Posts
???

sumptimwong said:
call your parts/service dept that you bought it from! if they dont give you the service you deserve, then call HOA and *****!! ;D

He didn't purchase the navi from Honda he just got the parts from them. Someone on the forums had the same issue, Honda had to take the radio out and get the real serial #, the code you got might be wrong which is usually the case this happens more then people think. The parts department deal with these things all day and they do tend to make mistakes.

BTW how did your install go?

·
Registered
87 Posts
If I remember correctly I did the following (I did this blind so that's why I'm going into excruciating detail):

Pressed the tune button - the red led should start flashing.
It starts at 0 and changes number every time the dial "clicks".
Press the tune button everytime to record the last number dialed to. After pressing the tune button, the new number you enter will be the last digit you just entered.

So if your code is 1234 (That's amazing. I got the same combination on my luggage.):

Press the tune button to start the entering sequence.
Rotate tune once to the right, press tune. (1 is recorded)
Rotate tune once to the right, press tune. (2 is recorded)
Rotate tune once to the right, press tune. (3 is recorded)
Rotate tune once to the right, press tune. (4 is recorded)

Not sure if you need all that info, but that worked for me.

-Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for ALL of your replies.

My AC and Navi works great except for my Radio. I guess that the Radio Code retrieved by the Serial Number doesnt work. I guess I'll try contacting Honda America.

If any of you of any other ideas of how I can get this Radio/CD working, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
orion4096 said:
If I remember correctly I did the following (I did this blind so that's why I'm going into excruciating detail):

Pressed the tune button - the red led should start flashing.
It starts at 0 and changes number every time the dial "clicks".
Press the tune button everytime to record the last number dialed to. After pressing the tune button, the new number you enter will be the last digit you just entered.

So if your code is 1234 (That's amazing. I got the same combination on my luggage.):

Press the tune button to start the entering sequence.
Rotate tune once to the right, press tune. (1 is recorded)
Rotate tune once to the right, press tune. (2 is recorded)
Rotate tune once to the right, press tune. (3 is recorded)
Rotate tune once to the right, press tune. (4 is recorded)

Not sure if you need all that info, but that worked for me.

-Mike
Thats good to hear. I thought I was doing it wrong. I was frustrated and disappointed that I couldnt get the Radio working. Hopefully, this can be resolved soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys any luck with the code to unlock the radio for the add on factory navigation. I did the same install and ended up having the same problem. The navigation and a/c works but the radio wont respone. Any help would be appreciated.

accordn2

·
Registered
152 Posts
Anyone ready to post a DIY guide on the install?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts