Accord V6 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My display clock is now about 1 hour and 5 minutes slow; now that daylight savings time is in effect. The clock was right on, before the Saturday time change.

I went into the diagnostics (holding menu+map+cancel for 5 seconds) and the H/U TIME SEND is stuck at "0:00"; any adjustments don't work here either ( the SET (bright yellow) just sits there when pressed and doesn't appear to send anything).

DST is set to ON

The diagnostic two NAV times some how both read to "2001.08.21 23:05:51" (or something near that, but 2001 is the year!) and although i could try reseting them by changing the hour + or - ; This would take an eternity do, so I refrained from setting them more than a couple of hours (and then settng them back).

Anyone figure out this bizarre time puzzle yet?

Hi there. I have the exact same problem as you! It started a few weeks ago... I noticed that the clock was running about 3 minutes fast (which is wierd because it always perfectly accurate). I removed the battery for about 20 minutes so it would reset, and when it did reset, the time started at 1:00. And yes, under the diagnostic, my time reads the same as yours, 2001.08.21....

Maybe if we put our brains together, we can figure this out.

·
Mr. Detail
1,155 Posts
The problem is that DST times were changed after the last disc was released in 2004. Apparently the DST information is on the DVD and not automatically updated via satellite like on a phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did purchase the latest disc several years ago, and once I installed it, the adjustments for the start and stop of DST were made. I had no problems until just a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did purchase the latest disc several years ago, and once I installed it, the adjustments for the start and stop of DST were made. I had no problems until just a few weeks ago.
I have Nav disc from 2013. My Accord is 2005. Alpine tells me that they are aware of the problem. Customer Service at HondaAmerica and at Acura also have indicated that they are aware of the issue. They all said that Honda is working to crrect the problem. Honda rep say that they will send out a general letter, once the issue is resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same exact issue with the incorrect time. It was working perfectly fine until the time changed a week ago.

Today I disconnected the battery for a few minutes hoping that resetting it and reacquiring the satellite would fix it but it made no difference. My database version is the last one that was available for purchase - 20130318. The software version is 1.5000. When I go into diagnostics on the unit, on the GPS Information page it shows five different satellites in use and shows the time as 2001.08.04 21:56:12. The current local time is 18:06. When I look at the calendar, it shows the date at 1/1/2002. I am able to scroll ahead to today's date of 3/20/21.

I'm not a rocket scientist, but I wonder if - or is it possible that the issue is actually with the satellites?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am an original owner of 2003 V6 EXL and a few weeks ago BEFORE the time change my time was off 3 minutes. When I tried to fix it in the setup screen my nav clock read 00:00 instead of the time on my upper display (that has an issue too of going blank until I hit the dashboard). So,I have basically have the same issues as robbo980 and others where the H/U Time send is not responding either. It's like the clock and calendar are NOT synced with the satellite BUT the street and car position is. I was hoping to find the answer. I'm beginning to think it may be the satellite too. I am in North Carolina, where are others having the problem?

Next, I intend to try loading my previous version (DVD) of the software using the diagnostic screen to force it and see if the clock works with it. If so, then I was going to load "back in" the last and latest version and see if it stays. I can update this forum, once I try it since no one else has come up with a solution to get the satellite time back where the 00:00 is on the Nav screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am an original owner of 2003 V6 EXL and a few weeks ago BEFORE the time change my time was off 3 minutes. When I tried to fix it in the setup screen my nav clock read 00:00 instead of the time on my upper display (that has an issue too of going blank until I hit the dashboard). So,I have basically have the same issues as robbo980 and others where the H/U Time send is not responding either. It's like the clock and calendar are NOT synced with the satellite BUT the street and car position is. I was hoping to find the answer. I'm beginning to think it may be the satellite too. I am in North Carolina, where are others having the problem?

Next, I intend to try loading my previous version (DVD) of the software using the diagnostic screen to force it and see if the clock works with it. If so, then I was going to load "back in" the last and latest version and see if it stays. I can update this forum, once I try it since no one else has come up with a solution to get the satellite time back where the 00:00 is on the Nav screen.
Please post here if you find a solution. I am having the same problem in my 2003 Accord EX

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2005 accord. Can't change it at all. Dealer said nothing can be done which I don't buy.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts