Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched, some ppl say theres no problems, some say theres problems....

The results were dated pretty old, so I was wonderin if ppl could give me an updated result on havin metallic tint and navi. Is it really bad for the navi?

·
Registered
487 Posts
i played it safe and got 3m tint.. nonmetallic nonfading. cost $200 for 5 windows though.. i heard that some people do get less sattelites with metallic tint.

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want a tint that doesn't absorb heat and has UV protection, my dealer is givin me the tint free

i either get regular ****** tint or metallic...

my cousin's G35 has metallic tint and heres the diff between his car and my 04 w/ ****** tint

MY CAR
windows halfway down, sunroof open, 100+ temp... i get in my car and its a fryin pan

G35
whole car is sealed, get in car, its cool

both of our cars are black on black

on my 05 loaner I got prior to pickin up my new 6speed, it had some tint on it (by TRITEK) and it cooled pretty damn well like the G35... thats why I want somethin like that. But regarding the navi..... it seems like 1 outta 8 ppl are havin problems... i live in a pretty open area in texas, its a huge city, but not really any tall buildings. Fairly open and signal is good.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Get metallic on the sides and plastic on the rear. The nav antenna is under the rear window so the side windows shouldn't really interfere. Like I said, I've had it done like this for about a year and have had no problems with the satellite not being able to find me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My tints do have the metallic in it and I do see a few less sats, but it still works awesome. I bought an Alpine GPS antenna off ebay that has a 16' cord to try out and I out it on the trunk and I got 8-9 sats. I was thinking about re-routing the new antenna to the front of the car.....

But yes it did affect my car's signal, but Navi still works just fine :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts