Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a used 2006 Honda accord two door coupe I love the car I bought it as is and with that being said the touchscreen navigation screen is blank it displays nothing however the radio works along with the XM satellite and CD player built into the dashboard there is no DVD six CD changer in the trunk but there is a spot where it should have been what do I need to do to get this touchscreen to work? Do I need to buy a new six CD changer?Is my navigational touchscreen fried? Try pulling the fuses in doing the button pushing on the dashboard for troubleshooting and nothing happens I can’t control my air conditioning fully is anybody know about this what should I do please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
With a car that came with factory navigation, the dvd drive unit that reads the navigation cd should be in the trunk. if there's a spot for it and there's nothing there. you will need the dvd unit to get the screen to come on. there's a known problem for those dvd units going bad as well. mine is messed up and i'm up in the air of finding a repalcement dvd unit or just ripping the nav screen out and going aftermarket headunit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With a car that came with factory navigation, the dvd drive unit that reads the navigation cd should be in the trunk. if there's a spot for it and there's nothing there. you will need the dvd unit to get the screen to come on. there's a known problem for those dvd units going bad as well. mine is messed up and i'm up in the air of finding a repalcement dvd unit or just ripping the nav screen out and going aftermarket headunit.
Thank you for your advice and response I really really appreciate it so I can probably find one on eBay a reasonable cost and I read that I have to make sure the serial numbers match does that sound right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your advice and response I really really appreciate it so I can probably find one on eBay a reasonable cost and I read that I have to make sure the serial numbers match does that sound right?
Am I looking for a six CD changer or just a DVD drive? I guess I would have to have an original DVD for the thing to work hopefully I can find that as well thanks again man I really appreciate your help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not sure about the serial numbers matching. I honestly don't think they need to and you'll be looking for the dvd navigation drive with disc. Not a 6disc changer. There's nothing wrong with my navigation screen, it shows wording on it and tries to boot up but it says my dvd disc drive has an error. Pretty much the disc drive needs to work for everything else to boot up and i'm at the point where i don't want to buy a new disc drive just so i can get my screen working. i can turn the radio on without using the screen, but there's certain things i can't access without the screen. i forgot what, it's been so long, but i think i can't isolate the vents to hit my feet or something without the screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure about the serial numbers matching. I honestly don't think they need to and you'll be looking for the dvd navigation drive with disc. Not a 6disc changer. There's nothing wrong with my navigation screen, it shows wording on it and tries to boot up but it says my dvd disc drive has an error. Pretty much the disc drive needs to work for everything else to boot up and i'm at the point where i don't want to buy a new disc drive just so i can get my screen working. i can turn the radio on without using the screen, but there's certain things i can't access without the screen. i forgot what, it's been so long, but i think i can't isolate the vents to hit my feet or something without the screen.
Yes that’s what I’m assuming as well OK I will order A drive with a DVD Along with it and if it works if you need a copy of a DVD I’ll see if I can burn a copy Of it and then I can mail it to you

·
Mr. Detail
1,173 Posts
You can find refurbished head units and DVD nav systems online. Mine is an '04 and the DVD apparently isn't working right because I get the error message or it reboots multiple times in the morning now that it is cooler out. Bottom part of the navigation screen doesn't work anyway, so can't press "okay" to use navigation. The trip computer still works, and I can get the audio and HVAC screens. But can't use the bottom of them so I can't adjust bass/treble, lock in stations on FM now that I dropped XM (should have done that when I changed the battery and the full screen worked) and of course, like y'all have mentioned I don't have full control over the HVAC system. Not sure if I have to get another battery (current one is a few years old) if I'll be able to put the code numbers in it. Ugh.

So debating getting refurbished OEM parts to get the factory system fully working again or go aftermarket...but I hear the aftermarket stuff really isn't that great and you lose functions like the trip computer. Don't really need nav since I use Waze on my phone but would be nice to have the original system working properly again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts