Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Have two fiberglass enclosures for sale. They fit PERFECTLY in the rear wheel wells of your Accord Coupe (98-2002). I am not sure if the sedans are the same shape.

The subs are 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1's (which sell for aobut $200 each) and the sealed enclosures are about 1.2 cubic foot each. I have only had them for about a month and am thinking about upgrading to 15" subs. These offer excellent SQ and decent SPL, but I am just more of a basshead than I anticipated :D

You can see how they were made here (it took about 50hrs to make both enclosures):

enclosure fabrication

I'm asking $400 each, or $700 for both.
Local pick-up available in SoCal, or they can be shipped.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested or if you have any questions.

I know this is my first post here. But you can check my feedback on ebay under "psychocoralchopper".

Thanks,
Joseph

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
ok is it just me or does his "fiberglass" look alot like CF? Are they fiberglass with a CF overlay? also how is the enclosure sealed against the body panel? Is it a full enclosure the sits into the corner? any pics with the enclousre outside the car?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a fiberglass enclosure with a black/blue carbon fiber/kevlar overlay. You can check out how it's done on my website:)

Here is a picture of the two enclosures outside of the car:

It is indeed comletely moded in the back and fit PERFECTLY in the left and right wheel wells. You can just 'push' them into the wheel wells and they stay put. No screws are needed to keep them in place.

Here is what the back side looks like:

If you don't mind the work... the enclosures are actually quite fun to make. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are interested, feel free to make me an offer:)

Looks like the Perfects have come down in price a bit, but they will still cost you over $150 each (shipped). The Audiobahn Grill cost $25 each, so that's $175 right there.

Plus, if you only knew how much work went in to those boxes, you'd know why I'm charging that price. I'm not sure what prices are in your neck of the woods, but here it's $300+ for a basic fiberglass enclosure (w/o carpeting or vinyl). And common' the carbon-fiber (which is a fairly expensive material) is cool, right? :p

check this thread from 3 weeks ago: fabrication . These subs/enclosures have only been used for 3 weeks, so are still in excellent condition.

In any case, all reasonable offers will be entertained:D

or, if you need advice making your own, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Joseph

·
Registered
585 Posts
I am interested in the setup. Where are you in So Cal. again? Plus I am confused of what the backside in your 4th pic. Do I have to like gut that section or sometihng; or is that a mold over the jack covers and tools etc?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Please e-mail me a pic or 2 of the back of the driver's side one, and also of the driver's side of the trunk with the enclosure out.

Sam

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no probs.. i know how you feel. now that my stereo's done (well, almost).. i'm starting to shop for a kit too:)

here are the pictures of the back-sides:

The terminal cup is calked then glued down. Since it is the back side, I did not paint over them.

·
___
4,751 Posts
350 pickup? :angel:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts