Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off the Skunk2, wanna go quiet for a while.

What do you recommend? I hear good things about Apexi Mufflers... but they're real expensive... and Vibrant makes some nice stealth setups... I'm seriously considering one of those.

·
Mr. Detail
1,138 Posts
Walker Quiet Flow mufflers are barely louder than stock.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a Flowmaster 60 on mine and it sounds great (very deep), no drone, and is only slightly louder than stock

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
^^ That's very surprising considering Flowmasters are usually very loud and drone.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a flowmaster 40 series and it's deff louder then stock, not a cop magnet...but it's close lol it drones very little though, I do have a cat (mangnaflow hi-flo) and vibrant 18" resonator. I was running it for a while with no resonator lol way too much drone and noise

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have a greddy sp2 catback its perfect. You can find a can for cheap i believe lilfotoman has one fs I'd do a mandrel bent piping with a resonator.

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm doing a vibrant stealth muffler and a vibrant 18inch resonator. Is it true that you need to have a heat shield where the resonator is? Because that is what the muffler shop guy (who is kind of a d*ck) told me. He said that I should figure something out because it is longer than the stock resonator and the best spot to put it has no heat shielding... what do you think

·
Registered
257 Posts
LoL! Whoever told you that is an idiot, you don't need a heat shield for your resonator (I have the exact same resonator) you'll be fine with none.

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WORD.

That's what I said. If I had a lift and a torch I wouldn't be going to some stupid shop. But sometimes we have to do these things.

And I said to the guy "I don't know about that man, the whole pipe isn't shielded.." but his answer was "Hey buddy I think I know what I'm talking about."

So I just said ok thanks and left.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If someone talked to me like that I would've told him stick the heat shield up his ASZ fgt. You don't need one dude

·
James
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did the job today, check the thread guys! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts