Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought new rims for my 2007 Accord Sedan. They are ADR M-Classics size 18x8.5 with +40 offset, I'm thinking of getting 235/45/18 I want to protect the rims and have a little extra cushioning. What do you guys think of this tire size, will I have any rubbing problems? The car is not lowered (yet). Is 45 series too tall? Is 40 series better? Is 235 too wide? I need your expert advice.
Thanks in advance.

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
since you are not lowered, those 2 tire sizes will be fine. You won't encounter any problems with rubbing, unless you got 255 or something extreme like that.

I think the HFP package wheels come with 235/45/18 series tires. So with that setup, it's fine.

But it's usually a good idea to plan ahead, unless you're ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you are NOT going to lower your car, then go for the 45 series tires. If you are planning to, go for 40 series tires, so when you do lower your car, you won't rub.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply DV8. If I get the eibach pro kits that only lowers the car 1.2"Front/1.3"Rear, do you think the 45 series would be ok?

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
I have a 6th gen, and I have 225/40/18 series tires on my car on Pro Kits. No Rubbing Problems and a 1 1/2 finger gap. For 7th gens, i have not see a pro kit drop, but it is pretty subtle. You probably won't rub at all. Instead, i think you should go for a more agressive drop, becasue that will make you want for more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a sedan 06 and I drive on Ronjon's 18x7.5 +50 with 235/40-18 and they're perfect!! They have the same overall diameter as my OEM 17", so I stongly recommend you to get the same size.

Also, the Eibach Pro-Kit for 06-07 Accord V6 have been change to 1.6"Fr/1.2"Rr drop with the P/N: 4067.140...don't forget to tell us your feedback if you go with thoses springs as I'll probably go the same way soon...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that if I ran a 45 series it's gonna be bigger than OEM(overall circumference) for the Accord Sedan, but other than being slightly off on the speedometer are there any other disadvantages to getting these slightly bigger tires? Again, the main reason is to protect the rims and get an extra cushioning.

D-Press, thanks for the update info on the new Eibach Pro-Kits, I will definitely give my feedback when I decide to lower it.

nighthawk04v6, why would I need a camber kit for the rear when I lower it? pls. elaborate, sorry I'm a newbie at this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Performance-wise it will feel heavier on take off and will take more on turns. Other than that I think it's going to look good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts