Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw a month or 2 ago on www.6thgenaccord.com there was a thread started with everyone needing car painting services, but the deal fell through, so maybe I can start this one up and see how it goes.

I just got back from a shop that I have had my car serviced at for a good while and the guy does paint work as well. He actually fixes up old American cars as a hobby as well as works at the shop. His brother actually owns the auto repair shop he does work out of. I think he can do some fiberglass and bondo work, but I would need to confirm that. But basically he can repair bumpers and lips and paint them as well. I've seen his work and it is pretty good. He showed me a bumper off a new Lexus IS that he just finished and was waiting to dry. It was in a pearl white and he orders OEM paints using the color codes.

He is an older guy, about late 40's and does honest, good work. He is willing to work out something if I can coordinate a list of how many people and what they need.

Here is some info. Shop is in Glendale, CA very near the 2 Freeway, which is near the 134. He told me turn around time is about 2-3 days and he is even willing to do the reinstall of parts. Not sure if he can do full car paint jobs but list it anyways and I will follow up with him.

If I can comprise a list, i can get prices for everyone.

Please reply with your name, what you need painted, condition of bumper or part if it needs some repairs, and colors you need, preferably in OEM colors so he can match it best. He would still use the actual color code on your car to match if you are serious with this.

I also have this listed on 6thgenaccord. Let's see how this goes.

·
Sucka For Accords
67 Posts
Front mugen lip, mugen sides, and mugen rear lip all painted Taffeta White. Front lip has a crack that needs some attention but thats it. thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
Why is everything in Cali :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
i need a quote for whole car respray and take out a few dings on the sides.

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
2002 coupe, 6gen

OEM skirts and OEM rear lip all painted tafetta white(02)
Body parts are all wet sanded and primered ready for paint+clear.

Let me know seriously`

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok. So here is a general quote.

HECz_: lip - $80

BPAccord: full lip kit - I think he said $80 for each lip. I can try to talk to him about the side skirts, but estimated $320 @ $80x4 .. or if I can talk him into doing something like $120 for the sides and $80 for front/rear = 280. NOT DEFINITE.

99av6: He said he can do the entire car in a booth, of course, but it depends on what kind of paint job and how much you are willing to spend. If you can provide a quote from somewhere else he can try to beat that price. Depending on the repair work, price will vary too, but he is willing to negotiate.

mista jc: As noted before, not sure if he considers side skirts 1 lip each. For sure the front lip would be $80. I can try to talk him into doing the side skirts for like 120.. estimated $200? NOT DEFINITE.

aznfunkyflip: fiberglass front bumper - not sure if the painting process would be much different, but he quoted me $220 for a front bumper alone.

** Please note.
ALL paint jobs will include:
2 coats of primer
2 coats of paint
2 coats of clear

Other quotes:
1 front bumper + 1 lip = $280
(if you do front bumper paint, he will only charge $50 for lip painting)

I forgot who, but someone asked for painting top of their car = $100

The guy still wants to check out conditions of bumpers/parts for all serious interests. Any damage, dents, dings, cracks, tears may vary in price, but he is able and willing to do repairs.

Let me know.

·
Registered
145 Posts
99av6: He said he can do the entire car in a booth, of course, but it depends on what kind of paint job and how much you are willing to spend. If you can provide a quote from somewhere else he can try to beat that price. Depending on the repair work, price will vary too, but he is willing to negotiate.

Let me know.
Can I get this guy's info and bring him my car for an estimate? It just has parking lot dings. The car is dark green, but has nhbp bumpers and sideskirts, so I want just the car shot in nhbp. No bumpers or skirts needed to be shot.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the delayed responses. I think he said he was going to be out of town. Let me confirm and I will get his number for everyone. Hopefully this works out for everyone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
James, why don't you come down to LA sometime, there's alot of cheap painters around here. Isn't that what you want? CHEAP?! LOL, cheap and decent

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
^ Already ahead of you, hyung. Haha, pics to come ;)

cheap suits! cheap suits..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just out of curiosity, could this guy do just prepping or something besides the actual painting? I got my whole car painted but now i need to wetsand and buff the whole car, could you ask him how much he would do it for and if you have his # that'd be great as well

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I sent everyone interested with all the contact info.

Please let me know if anyone else is interested.

I will get my car done by him within the next month as well once I get a few things fixed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I mean if you drive from Texas I am sure he will fix your car.. but with gas prices I dont think it would be your best option.

Did anyone have any problems contacting the guy??

1 - 20 of 35 Posts