Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing research for some time as to what cat back system would be best for me. I looked at the Magnaflow system and loved it, but i just didnt wanna fork over $700. I checked into a custom exhaust with a magnaflow muffler today and the shop said it would be around $400. So now my question to you is, would the custom system have a good sound to it? along with that, if you have any suggestions for me then please feel free to let me know.

thanks in advance for your input

·
Quicksilver
948 Posts
i love my magnaflow, its not loud and has a good tone. search ebay because i paid $470 shipped for mine on ebay. idk about the custom system though. but also another good thing is, the magnaflow has lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I have custom and It sounds wonderful. 2.5 inch piping with a magnaflow resonator, ending with 2 es tuning mufflers. Great for a car that I daily drive because it has a little drone during normal driving

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Im debating selling my Borla for something bigger.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you did a custom job then make sure they use quality stuff and do good work. 400 for a catback including parts sounds a little low, but in the MD area things are just more expensive. A good custom catback here would run 600 at least. You can't go wrong with magnaflows however, not loud or raspy but sound really good.

Personally I'd wait for a good deal to turn up in the for sale section. You can get a quality catback for pretty cheap that way. many people just want to offload stuff so the prices are good. Thats how I got mine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so should i just check the sale section every day? I was also looking pretty hard at the tsudo evo 2 exhaust. Its appears to be a quality exhaust and its only like 450.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts