Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just recently got my 03 AV6 AT Sedan and i have been reading around and notice that the clutch on the AV6s don't hold that good and can slip even w/basic bolt-ons. I was wondering if the clutch for the auto and manual are the same or are they different? Cause i can only find clutch for the 03+ MT AV6 and none for the AT ones. And can someone give me a few links to places were i can buy an aftermarket clutch just incase the stock one gives out on me.

-Thanks

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Please proceed to shoot yourself...... Then re-read what you just wrote above, if you are still unshure as to why to shoot yourself, then get a freind to put you out of your misery. The search and you will see where MT clutches for our cars have discussed many times over on here,

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
No offense, but you need to read up on how automatic transmissions work. www.howstuffworks is a great site. Honda automatic transmissions have individual clutch packs for each gear.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
this thread needs to be closed immediately.

no offense man your just not learned on transmissions but the reason you (or whoever bought the car) didnt get a manual is because they didn't want a clutch.

howstuffworks is a great site btw.. they had awesome articles about automatic and manual trannys.

but really... someone close this

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please proceed to shoot yourself...... Then re-read what you just wrote above, if you are still unshure as to why to shoot yourself, then get a freind to put you out of your misery. The search and you will see where MT clutches for our cars have discussed many times over on here,
LOL :p could had just said no :) but wtf w/e new to this shiet so i'm learning this as i go so keep flaming w/useful info :-]D. On the other note thanks for the link i look at it for a while NOW I KNOW kinda lol.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
return ur car and get a manual and we'll talk clutches. otherwise..... put car in Drive, and then proceed to fall asleep while driving bc AT is boring =P

·
Future Dr. of Psychology
790 Posts
AT is for girls.... and there are lots of girls driving MT hahahahahaha :D
Yes, there are lots of girls that drive MT, I am one fo them. I hate my AT in my accord and can't wait to get it switched out. The only one non-MT is my Pilot but that's ok. I can live with one being AT......

:p:D:banana:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts