Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup fellas, been a member of v6p for a while now and its finally my first post i wanted it to be a good 1, i gota 2k av6 and my tranny is finally calling it quitz on me at 102k and im really tryin to do a cl type s 6mt swap, i just wanted to know and i now its been discussed befor but what other than engine, tranny, and ecu i would need, im jus wonderin if i need to change driveshaft components that or is really a str8 motor and tranny swap. i put a lot into my accord {ill have pix up soon} to make it look good but now i want some preformance jus like the rest of us

·
Registered
647 Posts
if you look on here in the search.. type in 6 speed swap, or look at the stickys. all the info is in there, but you said you already know that stuff, i think i read on here that jimmyrecluse has the parts list, maybe. someone corct me if im wrong,

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but i think that jimmyrecluse did just a 6speed tranny swap to his stock j30 motor im putting in the cl-s engine and tranny i wanted to now if i need to change my axles to cl-s axles and different driveshaft components to cl-s components in order for it to withstand the new cl-s power

·
Registered
655 Posts
Dude, you have to search, all of that has been done, and get ready for the flamming.

·
im obsessed with intakes.
752 Posts
pay me 100 buks and illl do alll the research for you and illllllllll write it out in MLA format.....

·
Registered
337 Posts
02prodigy said:
pay me 100 buks and illl do alll the research for you and illllllllll write it out in MLA format.....
HAHAHAHA you said MLA format..HAHAHA better quote ur sources in MLA format too. haha

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
wazv6 said:
i just wanted to know and i now its been discussed befor but what other than engine, tranny, and ecu i would need, im jus wonderin if i need to change driveshaft components that or is really a str8 motor and tranny swap.
ok, i know you mispelled one of the word there, but if you know its been discussed before, why can't you go back and look at it again?

·
Registered
647 Posts
your best bet is to search to see who has done exactly what you want, send tehm a pm and see if they can give you some advice, or pm 02av6, he sems to be teh man when it comes to stuff like that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Seriously man, search is your friend. So your puttin a cl-s motor 6sp in ur stock 2000 accord. I think you should do some other mods 1st. Ive seen your car. stock silver, wack bodykit, some ok lookin 18s, crappy system, and i think its dropped. LOL. nahh im jk waz. But i guess my 3.2 will have some competion once u drop in that motor-lol..is the crew goin to street wars this sunday?? AND PUT UP SOME DAMM PICS ALREADY.. YOUR CAR IS HOTTTT

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
first of all sittinlow for there 2 be comp u gotta take care of dat fender lolz jk man the tl is fire, and fellaz im gettin a 03 type s motor and tranny with about 33,ooo miles on it for about 3gz minus the water pump alternator and ac, u guyz think thats a good price?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thats a great deal. I would definately go for it. Maybe ill do a swap sooner or later. Let me know how it turns out. By the way did you ever get a headunit, or are u still rollin with the stock radio-hehe.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damn sittinlow u a real hata ye im still pounding the earth with my stock head unit oh and by the way did u get ur custom paint that changes color and ur custom body kit yet { need i list more sittin low} muhahaha or u still ridin round with that custom right fender u got lolzz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts