Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hope i've posted in the correct place, wasn't a DIY section...or i'm just blind lol

So i've searched up a few forums (6thgenaccord and torontoaccords) including this forum, and I have yet to find much info pertaining to my topic.

Just want to know what was needed/done to make a Mugen front lip fit on to an 01-02 coupe bumper.

I know it's possible to find the 01-02 lip out there, but i can probably pick up the 98-00 coupe mugen lip for cheap so just wanted to see what the process involved in making it fit on the 01-02 coupe bumper

any help is appreciated!!

·
POS driver
1,372 Posts
all you do is cut the inner tabs to make it fit..
heres a short tutorial

NOTE: the pic is a pic of a civic mugen lip..but i just used it to show you with the red circle where you are suppose to cut...cut a little bit at a time so that you could fit it in...or else youll have some sick gaps..

·
Derek
686 Posts
Nice upgrade, I'm sure you're going to keep this secret on TAC, hope it works out well, would like to see the final product once your done.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all you do is cut the inner tabs to make it fit..
heres a short tutorial

NOTE: the pic is a pic of a civic mugen lip..but i just used it to show you with the red circle where you are suppose to cut...cut a little bit at a time so that you could fit it in...or else youll have some sick gaps..

Awesome!! thanks 98CG__sHow, that's all i wanted to confirm!

Derek, well some of the guys know already.. but it'll be different as i have yet to see any other accords in Toronto with this set-up! but once i pick up the lip and fix up the bumper+paint, hopefully i can make it out before the seasons over!

·
Registered
397 Posts
not sure about coupe, but on the sedan, I had to completely remould the shape of the lip.
Not only did I have to cut the tabs, I had to change teh curves of the lip by using a heat gun, softening the plastic and then pressing onto the bumper to obatin the desired shape. takes a bit of work but well worth it once complete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts