Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a week ago i bought the rv6 v3 jpipe and of course my exhuast had a little rasp around the 3-3500 rpm range. I know that rv6 sells the magnaflow resonator to help with this issue but my question is what other parts or resonators can i use to fix the rasp. The muffler shop guy suggested putting a glassback in place of a resonator becuase they dont carry any, would this help and would it change the exhaust tone? becuase my current set up is perfect for me, and my internet searches have provided little help as to different resonator brands. Im sure there is a good bit of people that have had exhaust rasp issues what did yall do to fix it?

·
Registered
843 Posts
What's your full exhaust setup?

OEM Precats-RV6 V3 Jpipe-OEM catback?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have oem precat, rv6 j pipe and my muffler shop built me a cat with 2.5 inch pipe and magnaflow mufflers

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Should have went with a tsudo. Sounds okay, 2.5" and only $400 shipped. But if you are running JP/catback you need a resonator

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Yes. A large resonator like the 6x30 will make your idle silent and exhaust really quiet during normal acceleration. On page 16 of the "exhaust comparison" thread, YKHOI87 posted a couple vids of a custom exhaust with this resonator and two magnaflow mufflers, it is very quiet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts