Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Villain
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got rear ended awhile back and i decided to not get a lip kit and instead get a new rear bumper. dont feel like buying another stock bumper and then a lip. soo im just goin to get an aftermarket rear bumper. soo i need help deciding which ones to get. my choices are RO_JA, JT Autostyle, Andys auto, & VIS. If you guys can get me your perspective on each one if u own one of these bumpers by any chance. that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Either the VIS or Andys auto..... but i heard andys auto shipping time is a b*#tch and a half.

·
Super Villain
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bad thing about VIS its made of fiberglass and the fitment is not all that well. because to buy another oem bumper then a lip is more money then gettin an aftermarket bumper.

·
Registered
443 Posts
7thGenVillain said:
the bad thing about VIS its made of fiberglass and the fitment is not all that well. because to buy another oem bumper then a lip is more money then gettin an aftermarket bumper.

Hmm. i thought all aftermarket bumpers are fiberglass and only the oem bumper are urethane.....

damn i didnt know Vis didnt fit that well. i was planning on getting that too..

i guess i'll take the andy autospport then

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
if you already have the hfp lip and sides then just get the rear...kits are made to flow with one another...it will look funny if you mix and match it like that. only thing close that would flow with the hfp sides is the VIS rear. but then it will hang to low and look funny...so just go with the fhp rear lip.

·
Super Villain
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
umm i dont have hfp sides or rear. i dont hfp anything haha. i got rear ended and to buy an OEM bumper then a lip will cost more then gettin an aftermarket bumper itself. Mike how is that fitment with the Andys auto? maybe ill consider that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
im in the same boat as u. but are you only going to buy the rear bumper? cause i dont have any kit and thought about getting an ro ja bumper but that will look like crap with just the rear roja so im saving up for the whole kit instead and still drive around with my scratched bumper.....

·
Super Villain
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i have the asian accord bumper. and tryin to get a mugen front lip. since mugen dont make skirts or a rear lip for the coupes that puts that out of the drawin board. all i need is a rear bumper since it has scatches and dents in it. didnt want to file insurance cuz my insurance is high as it is. soo im just lookin into gettin a rear bumper and cant decide on which one.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
i only have the andys front bumper...back is "drift" style, and sides are "jic magic" style...

·
Registered
748 Posts
DOOO not get a aftermarket rear bumper without a full bodykit it will look nasty, and you can mix and match aftermarket kits but dont do it with HFP

Also if someone rear ended you its there fault, so why would you not file a claim?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Andy's Autosport fitment SUCKS ...took me forever and a day to fit that mess! It's definately hot...but if I had to do it over again...i'd go a diff route

·
Super Villain
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
because that dude took off after rear ending me and i didnt get his tags. any ways i dont have HFP. all i have is the asian accord bumper. who keeps sayin i the HFP lip? and my insurance as it is. is about 1500 every 6 months. and its a 500 deductible for any dents and damage to the car. soo that goin to push me to almost 2g every 6 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts