Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any1 know a mechanic that won't charge me 3 paychecks to lower my car?
i have the parts but really dont want to pay 600 for installation

much appreciated

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
DIY. Very simple. All you need is a breaker bar, 17mm socket, 14mm socket and a friend who weighs about 250lbs.

Do you have springs or coilovers? Oh and for tools that you may not have...and will only use once...Autozone will rent it out to you (ie. spring compressor) if you got springs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DIY huh?
sounds pretty complicated tho. dont wanna have to shop for a new car.
i can change breaks n rotors but never touched suspension.
is there a step by step of it here?

·
(つ◕‿◕)つ*•.★.•*•.★.•* •.★.•
3,498 Posts
VietNinjaJ30A1 said:
DIY. Very simple. All you need is a breaker bar, 17mm socket, 14mm socket and a friend who weighs about 250lbs.

Do you have springs or coilovers? Oh and for tools that you may not have...and will only use once...Autozone will rent it out to you (ie. spring compressor) if you got springs.
don't forget the spring compresser, a 5mm allen key, a 10mm for the brake lines, a 12mm for the OEM brace bars, and and open end 14mm for the top of the shock assembly.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
a shop shud only charge u bout 200usd max for springs/shocks install... i can get mine done for 120$cdn here in toronto

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
if u diy for the first time, expect it taking about 4+hrs for the front two wheels...and a 4+ hrs for teh rear.

for me it was:
4hrs on the front driver side (messed up way too many times)
1hr on the front passenger side (i messed up so many times that i knew exactly wt i was doing)

3hrs on rear passenger side (again, many screw ups)
30mins on rear driver side

and keep in mine i was using powertools...

hah power tools are ur friend....

·
Registered
841 Posts
^hey if you've got the tools tuning_mgr...wanna work on both our cars together? I kinda need to swap out my springs as well too...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a tool set that has most of the things i need.
i dont mind getting the stuff but time is an issue for me...

but yeah, i wouldne mind doing it together. less likely for things to go wrong, i guess...

do u live in MD?

·
Work hard, play later.
657 Posts
My shop is in Frederick if your willing to drive up there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts