Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a radar detector and i wanna keep it clean so im running the power wire through the map light. I took some pics so if some one could just show me which wire to run which wire to id really appriciate it.

i took the electrical tape off, one of these is positive and one is negative yeah?

heres the power cord from the detector, no ground wire?
Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check the manual for the radar detector, one of those if definantly power and ground. I wouldnt recommend splicing into the map button however. If I were you I would just mount the detector high on the windshield and tuck the wires under the headliner towards the a-pilar. From there just run the wires down the a-pillar and ground it directly to the chassis somewhere. As fast as the power wire. You can run it to the fuse block on the driver side right under the a-pillar and hook it up to a acc 12v that turns on with the ignition. I had it setup like this in my supra and it worked excellent. I would just leave my v1 up under the tinted bar accross the top and the detector would just turn on every time I turned the key.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts