Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im thinking of lowering my car. I want the Skunk2 springs, and TOKICO HP Shocks struts. What would you guys rate this setup (1-10). Also, im pending on what to get first, this suspension set up or magnaflow duel exhaust. People said the Y pipe hangs pretty low, so im guessing i should get the exhaust first and then drop it or it wouldnt matter if i droped it first and got the exhaust? Thanks!

-Andrew

·
eat'em up
322 Posts
that setup sounds pretty good to me. a lot of people on here has either the h&r springs with koni yellows, or neuspeed with koni's, but speaking with some of the people with that setup said it is a pretty good set up.

i would suggest getting suspension first as well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
skunk2 + Tokico Blue is not a good combo...

you either get H&R Sport/Eibach Prokit + tokico Blue or H&R Race/Eibach Sportline/Skunk2/Groundcontrol + Tokico Illuminia, Koni Yellow

or just go for Tein SS or Apexi WS will be the best!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mitsume said:
skunk2 + Tokico Blue is not a good combo...

you either get H&R Sport/Eibach Prokit + tokico Blue or H&R Race/Eibach Sportline/Skunk2/Groundcontrol + Tokico Illuminia, Koni Yellow

or just go for Tein SS or Apexi WS will be the best!

why are the skink2+Tokico Blue a bad setup?

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
wow i guess everyone drops there car first??? with my car..it wud the LAST thing i'd do if i ever decide to drop her

·
Supernova m33
394 Posts
i would say intake is pretty much always first. but you have to deal with suspension. helps with rody roll, squat and dive. putting the s-tech spring and blues helped alot with squat and dive. kinda hard to have a well rounded car without moding the suspension alittle. not always a drop but at least more performance geared items.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have Skunk2 and Koni'... and it's shaking everything loose, including the fillings in my teeth. Plus I have "coil bind" on some dips in the road. Hate that.
I'm going to install sportlines with Lumas... and new fillings.

I have a 99' and dropped it 1.75" in the front and didn't need camber adj. Dropped the back 2" and I got almost -1 degree on both sides.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts