Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to get 2- 12's
either jl w6v2's or alpine type-r's
im looking for some clean hard hitting base. which one should i go with?

not looking for crazy bass, i just sold my memphis system consisting of 2 MOJO 12's, i just want some bass that is clean and will bump when i crank it up a little.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well if you want good clean hard hitting bass it will depend on a few things. First what kind of box are you looking at? Second what amps are you planing on using? If it was me I would go with the JL's and put them in a ported box. For the amp I would look at the JL 500/1V2. however here are other great lines are Soundstream, Kicker, MB Quart, Eclipse, and Rockford Fosgate

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was planning on running the 2 jl's on a 1000/1 and the 2 alpines on a pdx 1000.1
as far as the box, i am thinking of doing custom fiberglass enclosures on the sides of the trunk, so i can actually use my trunk lol.

·
Registered
531 Posts
however here are other great lines are Soundstream, Kicker, MB Quart, Eclipse, and Rockford Fosgate
the old school Soundstream products that were made in USA were really good back in the day, the newer stuff made overseas now is a pile of crap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well you are some what right about Soundstream. With Their new lins they are trying to get back to what they use to be but you are their old stuff was the best. If you are going to do a fiberglas box just make sure that you make to spec for the sub. So it sounds like you are on your way to a nice system. I cant wait until I get home from Afghanistan to start on mine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got a nice set-up, at least in my opinion. I got a 10" MTX glassed in the drivers side trunk space with a Kenwood 600 watt amp pushing it. The great thing about it, is that its loud enough for me and can't really be heard outside the car. Plus Kenwood amps can be modified to push a little bit more (It helps to have an electrical engineer as a brother).

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
I would go with the Alpine's Type R subs in this case. Since you mentioned you don't want crazy bass, they would be a better fit. The rms of the JL are 600watts a piece, vs. the 500watts on the Alpines. Not to mention they are about half the price of the JL's.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well price isnt a big issue on JL cause my friend models for JL, so i can get the w6v2's for free. hoping to get the 1000/1 at a super low price but i doubt they will give her that much free stuff.

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
Damn must be nice. Have you thought about maybe doing one sub instead of two? If you are going to do a custom fiberglass enclosure, maybe you can create a sub/amp rack enclosure combo piece. Done right, it looks and sounds great.

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
That will look clean too. Keep us posted with what you end up doing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts