Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i dont really familiar with the toyota. so, here is the problem. my friend just bought a used toyota camry model 2000 v6. And when we driving, i noticed that the RPM is really high (as high as 4rpm) for normal driving, and i dont feel any force at all. And if we merge to freeway, it "wootz" up to 7rpm like nothing. And it stays at 1.5rmp at ide. :), so any susguestion or idea. really appreciate u guyz.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
does it ever surge forward after the RPMs go up? usually climbing RPMs without any acceleration is a sign of a slipping transmission. usually if that's the case...the car will surge forward when the transmission finally slams into gear.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does it ever surge forward after the RPMs go up? usually climbing RPMs without any acceleration is a sign of a slipping transmission. usually if that's the case...the car will surge forward when the transmission finally slams into gear.
oh, tranny is new and no sigh of surge forward when accelerate.:). and i think the there is the problem with the electric system that make the rpm goes 2 high. the engine has only 56k miles on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts