Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The OG is here!!!
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Accord lovers out there I know our automatic tranny suck balls, but here is my question during start up when you turn the key ON On meaning you see your gauges light up. Okay okay do you notice your D4 Light on the dash board gauge light up to? I know the P is lit up and D4 is lit up as well, so can some tell me if this is normal. I'm on my second tranny already.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Not normal, at least on my car and my friends i immediately see the light on the gear that its on, this case the P. Only one should light up at a time, and should be where the gear is on, cuz for a fact you cannot turn on the car if the gear is on D4 or any of the others. <--- I tried it already, u should get it checked.

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
when u start your car the park and drive light will both turn on for a second and then the parking light will turn off that is normal.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
does this only happen in certain year accords?? cause i don't get the P and D4 light...i just get P.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thats what im saying, even at the very begining I only get P. My friends' rides are 00, like mine. Prolly is just the 98-99 cuz i know the gauge panel is different. (correct me if im wrong)

·
Shes like the wind
1,094 Posts
TJP_AccordV6 said:
Okay Accord lovers out there I know our automatic tranny suck balls, but here is my question during start up when you turn the key ON On meaning you see your gauges light up. Okay okay do you notice your D4 Light on the dash board gauge light up to? I know the P is lit up and D4 is lit up as well, so can some tell me if this is normal. I'm on my second tranny already.
Start the car (key turn to III) or the key turn to "II"??
If the key is turn to "II", both the "d4" and "P" will be on, but after 1 or 2 second, the "d4"(green light) will disappear.

·
Registered
655 Posts
When you see both lights, do they stay on for more than 2 seconds?, cuz i checked mine again, and yes, both do light up when u turn the key to Ignition on, but the D4 goes away almost immediately. I didnt noticed this before, prolly cuz the sun was hitting the panel, but yes, after that, only P stays on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts