Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have neuspeed springs with a 2.25 drop in the front..if i install koni shocks will i be able to adjust it so my car is now 2.5" in the front?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you get the Neuspeed Koni shocks, you can make some adjustment. The shocks made for them have 5 different spring purch placement points, each at 7mm (I believe) apart. The adjustment points should give you 0.5" max up or down.

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WildcatMike said:
If you get the Neuspeed Koni shocks, you can make some adjustment. The shocks made for them have 5 different spring purch placement points, each at 7mm (I believe) apart. The adjustment points should give you 0.5" max up or down.
they only adjust .5 up or down? since my springs are 2.25" drop will it damage them if i go lower with the koni shocks. you said it can go .5" down ..so that would make is 2.75 drop..will that ruin the springs?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Neuspeed Koni's that I have don't change the spring length. I can only change the support base upon which they sit.

The main concerns that I have heard so far, is bottoming out the shock itself. Using the lowest spring perch with extreme lowering springs could be an issue.

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh..but its lifetime warranty on those shocks..my drop is 2.25 in the front..and i want it to be lower than that will me gettin koni shocks make it lower

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn't take any pics of the shocks off the car. I was told by the local distributor/installer of Neuspeed that the middle perch installation point is closest to stock and the separation between each is 7 mm.

If that is true then using your current lowering springs with the cradle at the lowest perch point might get you a 3 inch drop.

Who knows how it will play out because of the suspension geometry???

I also understood the Koni's designed for Neuspeed will accomodate their lowering springs. I don't know if it is because of a shorter shaft or the custom perch positions or what?

I can't go that low anyway. Here in Houston, the driveways are steep for flood control and the roads are riddled with deep pot holes.

A clip snaps into the grove of your choice on the shock shell and the cradle slides over the shock rests on it. If it doesn't work out you can change the position.

O
|
|
|
|
|
|
---
| 7mm
---
| 7mm
--- <------ stock perch position