Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone installed this tie-bar on our cars?
I have problem installing it. It just could fit onto the studs.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
tetu said:
Have anyone installed this tie-bar on our cars?
I have problem installing it. It just could fit onto the studs.

Thank you.
i have it on the car. great mod for $100. front end feels a lot tighter when cornering.
i had the same problem..the holes were off by half an inch or so. i called neuspeed and they said it has to be forced in, if it was a perfect fit, it wouldn't serve a purpose.
so i installed one side first, then i used a rubber mallet to hammer in the other side. went in fine, and everything is a-ok now :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see, I thought I got the defective tie-bar. I still haven't installed it yet.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
SpiicyTuna said:
Where did you guys get the tie-bar from..? Thanks.
it was really random..i was bored so i was ebaying for random things. i found an auction for it with buy it now of $99.99 so i got on it. instead of paying another $15 or 20 on shipping, i asked to pick it up at neuspeed themselves, which is about a 30 miles drive from my house.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
now my question has always been...which is better an aftermarket one or the one that came stock on my six speed...the size appears to be the same and it appears to bolt on near the firewall as well and i haven't really found a sure answer yet....anyone?

·
_
1,648 Posts
i have this bar too and it was a pain to install, got frustrated for a bit thinking it was a defective bar. but after a little jimmying around i got it to work. just try it, then try the other side, maybe have a friend help.

i got my black bar off ebay for $89, great mod. feels better, i think. gave me 25 hp. if anything it looks cool.

good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
wj4 said:
i have it on the car. great mod for $100. front end feels a lot tighter when cornering.
i had the same problem..the holes were off by half an inch or so. i called neuspeed and they said it has to be forced in, if it was a perfect fit, it wouldn't serve a purpose.
so i installed one side first, then i used a rubber mallet to hammer in the other side. went in fine, and everything is a-ok now :)
I used the mallet too, worked like a charm :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
i have one aswell....kinda useless on the six speed since it has a stock one...neuspeed one, more for looks....got it off ebay aswell...

the stupid thing about this bar is, that if u have koni adjustable shocks, or even the neuspeed SP3's....the adjustment knob doesnt work after the strut bar is installed, because the knob is too wide, and doesn't fit between the Y ends of the tie bar....so instead u have to use plyers...kinda gay...

·
Registered
443 Posts
how does the strut bar hold on to the chassy? screws or u just slam the hole on the lugs and then reach on the other side and do the same thing....

anyone has a close up shot inside the hole.. thanx

1 - 20 of 35 Posts