Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just purchased a 2006 Carbon Bronze Pearl V6 6 speed sedan last weekend. I'm super stoked about it, I had been looking for one for a few months and came across one within driving distance and up to par with my standards. It's a 1 owner car with 105k miles, black leather and navigation. It'll be my daily so I don't have anything too crazy planned, I was thinking a custom ice box intake, j pipe, custom catback, coilovers, tints, and a HID retrofit.

This is my 8th Honda, I have an 01 Integra GSR that I auto-x and the wife drives an 09 Pilot. I look forward to meeting you guys and seeing some other tastefully modded 7th gens!

·
Mr. Detail
1,138 Posts
So few of those out there, nice pick up!

Reactions: MickD93

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, it cause we're the chosen ones. :)
I think you're on to something 😂. I found this one the day it was listed, put $200 down on it, went that weekend and bought it. I was told 6 other people called about it in that 5 day period between it being listed and me buying it. They had it priced right too, picked it up for $6200. I don't plan to get rid of her, same with my 01 GSR hatch. Gotta preserve these rare beauties!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
very true, this color combination is the unicorn of the 7.5 gens
I thought so. Most of the CBP Accord's came with tan(my least favorite) leather right? I imagine there's only a handful of 6-6's with CBP paint, black interior and navi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the exact same model and color, purchased new in 2006! It's been great and I've done a lot of suspension and general improvement mods over the years. Mine has nearly 100k and is needing compliance bushings at this point. Shocks were worn out and replaced last year with Tokico HTS! Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the exact same model and color, purchased new in 2006! It's been great and I've done a lot of suspension and general improvement mods over the years. Mine has nearly 100k and is needing compliance bushings at this point. Shocks were worn out and replaced last year with Tokico HTS! Enjoy your new ride!
Thanks! That's awesome, I think it's probably my favorite color combo available. I got lucky and the previous owner did the timing belt and all the shocks we're also recently replaced, although Tein SAZ's are at the top of my mod list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought so. Most of the CBP Accord's came with tan(my least favorite) leather right? I imagine there's only a handful of 6-6's with CBP paint, black interior and navi.

Man the more and more I read on these forums the more I feel lucky to have bought my car! I picked up an 03 accord coupe 6MT, just now am I realizing how hard it is to find one with the black leather interior, HFP kit, and Navi like mine :eek::D

Nice find by the way! 105k miles is nothing! I'm at 210k and still pulling strong!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice car! I just bought literally the exact same car in the same color, except mine has the tan leather interior which is kind of a bummer. But W/E. I'm just stoked I finally found one of these extremely rare cars in great condition - mine is a 1 owner clean carfax with 91K miles, bone stock, no issues with 3rd gear, and based on my first oil change burns zero oil. And it is mint inside and out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought one of these, and it's now dead with some pretty gnarly rod knock. Black leather interior, too. Glad you guys have ones that seem a little bit more sorted! Pretty sure the PO ran mine low on oil at some point in the recent past before sale (had oil in it when I bought it and I kept it topped up). It was the best car I'd ever had, smooth and powerful.

I guess I can't include pictures because my post count isn't high enough but yeah. Mine looks great too (until you start the engine and it make an unholy racket!)

At any rate, I am probably going to part mine out unless I can get someone that wants to buy it for an engine swap (the interior is in great shape and the exterior has no major flaws). Sucks but I gotta recoup my money somehow. Let me know if anyone is looking for parts, such as interior stuff like door cards and seats (I also can't post in the classifieds until I hit ten posts I guess!)

·
Mr. Detail
1,138 Posts
Why not get a used motor for it? Perfect time to stuff a 3.2 (or 3.5) into it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thus far I've been trying to find a j30a5 to do a direct replacement but haven't been having too much luck (prices are pretty high for high mileage engines). How in depth is the 3.2 swap?

You can put the 3.5 into the 7th gen? How much work does that take?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do some searching on the forum here, and also check out elitecm.net; Paul Smalzer (NVA-AV6) is pretty much the expert on the J series and started several good threads in regards to the various engine swaps available to Accord owners. He's no longer active but the info he's posted is invaluable.

From what I've read, the J32 is the easiest swap by far. Should just be able to bolt right up to your stock ECU and transmission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sweet 6-6! and rare too, i love my 6-6 coupe but i got a kid on the way and sedan 6-6s are super hard to come by, i might have to settle for a i4 5speed sedan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do some searching on the forum here, and also check out elitecm.net; Paul Smalzer (NVA-AV6) is pretty much the expert on the J series and started several good threads in regards to the various engine swaps available to Accord owners. He's no longer active but the info he's posted is invaluable.

From what I've read, the J32 is the easiest swap by far. Should just be able to bolt right up to your stock ECU and transmission.
Thanks! Yeah, it would be nice to go j32 because they are way more common in junkyards round these parts. It sounds like they will mostly run ok, but the warnings about not going full throttle with a j32 running on a j30 ecu scare me a bit. Seems like I should really go aftermarket ecu or get a tl one swapped over (which I guess requires reprogramming keys.)

At any rate, the car is being prepped for engine removal in my driveway. Looking forward to getting it out of there and then the engine search begins in earnest (in a junkyard).

EDIT: I realized that if I use a j32 with an acura ecu it will not pass emissions as the system will see it reporting as an acura tl and flag me. New plan is for a jdm j30a5 from a local importer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts