Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my oem pads with Hawk performance streets all around. The rotors were resurfaced as well. The performance are kinda of disappointing. There is a lot more effort into braking now and they don't stop as well as the oems :confused: What is going on? Do they need time to be broken before they start kicking ass? And I can also hear some grinding noise when i'm driving real slow(without any brakes applied). :confused:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Wow i have the exact same problem.

I just had my rotors resurfaced recently and my OEM pads felt like they were finished and the dealership was trying to get me to have the pads replaced with more oem ones there while they were shaving the rotors. I held off from doing that b/c i wanted aftermarket pads.

So a month later i get my pro-stop pads installed by my good friend Driven whos on here.

Meanwhile driven aka Jai tells me the pro-stops are ****** but i had no choice so anyways i have the same set up as you, Mog, and my brakes still feel ******, maybe like a little better than they were b4 and with no squeeking but i feel like my braking distance is horrible.

Any suggestions guys? btw i have 19" wheels that i installed at the begging of the summer and could that have something to do with the ****** braking?

any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
OwAce said:
wait raddy what kind of brake pads do you got? hawk or pro stops?
I got pro stops in the front that i put on like maybe 2weeks ago and hawks in the rear that i put on 3 months ago

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
OwAce said:
the hawks are aight according to jai right?

you doing your konis this weekend?
yeah the hawks are good and i hope to do my konis this weekend

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I did little research on web and think I may have answered my own question. Basically we do need to perform this bedding procedure to resurfaced rotors and new brake pads. This transfers a thin layer of pad onto the rotors so you get better friction between the pad and the rotors. I found a website that has tons of info on this:

http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/bedinstock.htm

Still doesnt quite explain the weird noises though. My rotors probably not resurfaced evenly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts