Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well..

Just got this couple days ago from Taiwan.. it sits on top of center dash.. just above the air vent.. the good thing is you keep your dual climate control and stock HU for that OEM look..

now the problem is I already have a LCD mounted in front of the air vent, and the mount base is attached to almost same spot.. so i can't install it.. but if anyone in SoCal willing to let me put it on top and have a spare HU or some other DIN size stuffs.. then we can just take some pictures and see how it the fitment and overall look will be.. no need to hooked up, just lay on top so we get some good idea how it will look..

so... who's willing to do some R&D with me?

some quick pix

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey Brex
ill be in the 626 during 21-22 of june, I got a old single DIN to test fit and my top is empty...if you want lets set up a time and do it then...This would be a lot cleaner then in the glove compartment.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Brex
ill be in the 626 during 21-22 of june, I got a old single DIN to test fit and my top is empty...if you want lets set up a time and do it then...This would be a lot cleaner then in the glove compartment.
thanks for the offer!! :up: .. tho, I was hoping I can do this witin this week.. I am really anxious to see how this works out.. let's see if there are any other takers for now.. otherwise we will set something up..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey brex i got finals M,tuesday, and free on Wensday, drive down to Riverside, haha..yea i might be able to make it 19th but prior to that im moving to SD...let me knwo if you wana set up time...i think this woudl look good with a 6.5 lcd screen...btw what part of taiwan you from?

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah.. i usually don't get off work until like 7 or even 8pm.. so riverside is just too far for me.. (and all the traffic too!).. lol.. since ur free on wed.. come to montery park.. :D

19th is no good for me as i will be driving my ass to portland for unichip..

we will see.. if no one come forth.. then we will do it on 21/22..

btw.. i am from Taipei..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey brex man i wana check it out on wensday but i gotta pack **** i gotta move plus I got another final on friday...Taipei is a big city...i was wondering liek Taipei Shi, Tapei Shen, etc...

·
hmmm...
922 Posts
maybe i can help you with this? i have a 4banger though..i am in the 626 area and maybe i'll go to the weekly meet this week and we can try it there or something..

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey brex man i wana check it out on wensday but i gotta pack **** i gotta move plus I got another final on friday...Taipei is a big city...i was wondering liek Taipei Shi, Tapei Shen, etc...
Alright.. no biggie.. we will see how this turns out to be..

Frankly.. i have no idea where he got it.. he was just shopping for his own stuff and stumble upon it.. he tip me so I asked him to get it for me..

SO NO ONE WANNA HELP ME OUT? THIS COULD BE THE KIT ALL YOU GUYS BEING WAITING FOR!!

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe i can help you with this? i have a 4banger though..i am in the 626 area and maybe i'll go to the weekly meet this week and we can try it there or something..
sure.. the interior is the same.. no diference between i4 and v6.. or lx and ex for that matter..

i sent u a PM.. check it out..

·
Rolling on 19's
879 Posts
I might be able to help you out. I got an extra HU laying around. Im in East LA, so a couple of minutes away from you. I have time tomorrow monday and wednesday after 5 pm. Let me know. :)

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm, how would it attach?
Good question... since there is no instruction at all... i had my friend ask the car shop and they say they simply screw it onto the oem dashboard piece...

besides.. you still need to drill a hole to run cable thru also.. so i don't see any alternative than damanging the oem dashboard piece..

i consider this is is the only drawback of this kit.. :(

1 - 20 of 39 Posts