1,130 Posts
looks more like next gen TSX

·
Euro accord wannabe
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Could like it but definitely don´t love it....

·
Registered
107 Posts
First Picture: Rear end looks like it may end up like the colbolt rear quareter panels. (Not Feeling that, Plus this picture doesn't really match any of the other pictures.)
Second Picture: Nice design but it's starting to look too much like a car built in a movie. Not sure I want to drive something look like it came from I Robot.
Third Picture: Looks to fake to comment.
Forth Picture: NO ON THE EXHAUST (I hate exhaust systems that are built into the rear bumper won't buy a car with one period.)

Overall I don't think that Honda will be making a new gen on the accord this early because of the sales they are getting with the current one. In the past, new gens have come out once sales start to slow down. If you go to Honda stock and sales reports, this generation of accord is still selling very well compared to other cars in the same catagory. Once sales start to fall we will see a new gen come on the market. If this does turn out to be the new modle I'm not buying one because of the exhaust. I just can't do it.

:stick:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I partially agree with Thirdmanrunning: Honda will not make a new generation this early. Regular gen cycle for Accords is 5 years, with slight facelift for the last two years of the generation. Gen 6: 1998 - 2002; Gen 7: 2003 - 2007... so Gen8 could be 2008 - 2012.

We might see a slight facelift for 2011 and 2012 models, but nothing close to what this pictures suggest: a new generation.

Now, what I wish for next generation Accord is: more interior luxury features, less overall weight; better sound system; fine tuning for the J35 engine, and P L E A S E: a 6-speed automatic transmission. I like the current generation a lot, but I would like it better if it was a bit shorter to cut some weight from it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
That's the Sports 4 concept from 2005 and was originally thought to be a preview of the 2nd gen TSX (Euro Accord). Obviously that didn't come to fruition.

http://world.honda.com/Tokyo2005/sports4/

Also 2011 is not the next gen Accord, it's just going to be a minor refresh (eg, 8.5 gen). 9th gen Accord should come out end of 2012 as a 2013 model.

·
Maverick_Supersonic
1,706 Posts
they look more like concepts for the next gen civic and they seem to be way to small to be accords

1 - 20 of 27 Posts