Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought id try this out. Here are some pics of my Intake setup. ~3.5" at the filter and come to the same size as throttle body, Accompanied by my j32a3 and MDX intake manifold spacer.

Its all in this!!!! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
looks similar to the whale penis intake from the B series. hmmm interested in dyno/ or commends

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ lol its true. That what they call it. Google it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
What are the specifics on the elbow? What application was it meant for?

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
thts an interesting design. Yea what car is that off of? Thts some thinkin outside the box for sure though :up:. I like different man! Shoot u never know something could come outta no where and outperform what people swear is the best yet. lol. The only concern i hav is the heat soak becuz it is casted aluminum but a quality ceramic coating and exhaust insulating wrap will alleviate that issue in a big way :up:. Def interested in a comparison dyno or other test if possible.

Oh snap i just realized you have a TL engine in tht thing wow must be a rocket and hurt feelings out there.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hmmm... Wonder if this is a caliber/neon aftermarket intake.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
^ I'm a biologist? funny thing is that is the size of a new born whale calf. lol

·
az highway 88 touge' king
102 Posts
thts an interesting design. Yea what car is that off of? Thts some thinkin outside the box for sure though :up:. I like different man! Shoot u never know something could come outta no where and outperform what people swear is the best yet. lol. The only concern i hav is the heat soak becuz it is casted aluminum but a quality ceramic coating and exhaust insulating wrap will alleviate that issue in a big way :up:. Def interested in a comparison dyno or other test if possible.

Oh snap i just realized you have a TL engine in tht thing wow must be a rocket and hurt feelings out there.
what he said !

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha.... thanks guys.lol... it came off of my brother's 06 v6 mustang. Its a C&L intake for mustangs. You can hear the motor a tad bit more but the butt dyno seem a little more beefier in the top end. Nothing crazy just a bit difference . :) it makes the engine bay look different also with the manifold space that makes it look taller.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks.. yeah it does pretty good on the streets. And i will most likely wrap it to keep the air cooler.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Very nice man. I didn't realize you had the TL motor in there. Have you been to the track with it? Are you saying this intake from the Mustang will bolt right up?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice man. I didn't realize you had the TL motor in there. Have you been to the track with it? Are you saying this intake from the Mustang will bolt right up?
It wont bolt right up. The reason it fits is because i have my battery in the trunk and so i have alot of room to work with. I tried to put the battery in the front but i cant with that intake on. Oh and no i havent taken the car to the track because its so stupid that both irwindale in cali closed and fontana in cali were shutdown because of noise levels. Who know when they are going to open. But i do want to see the difference.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
man suck bout the drag strips, but get some sound vids or somethin goin im just curious wut tht intake is doin and i wanna c how a TL swapped accord moves

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
man suck bout the drag strips, but get some sound vids or somethin goin im just curious wut tht intake is doin and i wanna c how a TL swapped accord moves
This.

There are a few videos of a J32 swapped Accord on youtube. Just type in Accord vs. 350z and it should come up. He ran a modded 350HR and pulled it pretty good. He was a member here actually, just forget his name. It was something weird.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts