Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a generic brand short ram intake off of ebay because i don't see the need in spending an additional 200 for +3 in hp gains but i have a dilemma. Are the short rams supposed to whistle when giving little throttle or when accelerating slowly? i noticed it was doing this, so maybe i didn't seal everything tightly or something else is going on?

Any ideas? i checked the seals and made sure they were down tight.

thanks,

Johnathon

·
I'm a good guy, really.
695 Posts
honestly youd probably see more then 3hp gain from a legit cold air intake...ive seen v2 reports that were higher then 3hp

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
I bought a generic brand short ram intake off of ebay because i don't see the need in spending an additional 200 for +3 in hp gains but i have a dilemma. Are the short rams supposed to whistle when giving little throttle or when accelerating slowly? i noticed it was doing this, so maybe i didn't seal everything tightly or something else is going on?

Any ideas? i checked the seals and made sure they were down tight.

thanks,

Johnathon
3 horsepower?? :laugh: I dyno'd at 222whp with nothing but a V2.

Most short rams whistle, especially the ebay ones. My AEM SRI did on my J30A1, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it sounds almost like a belt though... but it's not a belt... it's that high pitch sound. it growls and i think it sounds really good though. 99vteccoupe, did you have a short ram? if so how did you mount it or did you just let it hang there? it seems like it's ok but it came with a few brackets to mount.

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
it sounds almost like a belt though... but it's not a belt... it's that high pitch sound. it growls and i think it sounds really good though. 99vteccoupe, did you have a short ram? if so how did you mount it or did you just let it hang there? it seems like it's ok but it came with a few brackets to mount.
No I have an AEM V2. The bracket that is welded on comes with a rubber bushing but it goes on kind of half assed so I rigged it up a bit more securely.

oh and i meant additional power then the one that i bought.
oh, gotcha. That's debatable but it hasn't really been looked into on a dyno, so who knows.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On the AEM V2....don't they only come in cold air...n if some what kind of short ram intake would best to get...because it rains alot where i stay n i dont want the cold air one to suck up water into it.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
On the AEM V2....don't they only come in cold air...n if some what kind of short ram intake would best to get...because it rains alot where i stay n i dont want the cold air one to suck up water into it.
The K&N Typhoon is a two piece cold air intake, so you can have it either way, full cold air or short ram. The only short ram I can think of that is made for the AV6 is the Weapon-R but honestly the generic one you bought is just as good if not better than that POS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The K&N Typhoon is a two piece cold air intake, so you can have it either way, full cold air or short ram. The only short ram I can think of that is made for the AV6 is the Weapon-R but honestly the generic one you bought is just as good if not better than that POS.
Okay...i look at the K&N n its looks nice....but how much of a Hp different would it have with just with the short ram cold air?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts