Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
original member!
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THANKS Amputater!!!

well as some of you guys know I have a GPS right now and its way out of date...its like garmin's thrid EVER GPS unit they made....b&w no directions....very very basic!! So this afternoon I purchased a new one :D It should be here sometime next week!

StreetPilot 2610 features
- Powerful microprocessor for fast redraw and route calculation Built-in patch antenna with an MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna
- CompactFlash data card (type I or II) slot for map storage
- Audio and visual navigation instructions and warnings

Routes: Automatically calculated with turn-by-turn instructions; Up to 50 stored; Using built-in basemap, routes include interstates, highways and major thoroughfares; With detailed data including residential street-level detail within metropolitan areas

Voice: Navigation instructions and warnings

Waypoints: 500 with name and graphic symbol

Track log: 2000 track log points

Trip computer: Resettable odometer, timers, average and maximum speeds

Receiver: 12 parallel channel GPS receiver continuously tracks and uses up to 12 satellites to compute and update your position

GPS Accuracy:

Position: < 15 meters (49 feet), 95% typical**
Velocity: 0.05 meter/sec steady state
Dynamics: 6g’s

Interfaces: USB 1.1 device

Photo sensor: Senses lighting conditions for automatic backlight dimming

- 3.3" W x 1.7" H, 305 x 160 pixels; bright, automotive-grade 8-bit, 256 color LCD display with automatic dimming backlight and touch screen 5.6" W x 3.2" H x 2.0" D unit dimensions

OHH and its TOUCH SCREEN :D

OUT WITH THE OLD:

IN WITH THE NEW:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
sorry to ask..but what is this for ??? kinda like a navigation system??

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
just curious, why not just cop those indash navi? like the avic sp?) ...or is this cheaper and better?

·
original member!
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so far so good!!! I have ordered the update DVD and it will be getting better then now!! more details and up-to-date roads....so far I have only had minor problems with old roads that have either changed or no longer exist. the next version will fix all of that :D I should be getting it within a week :D hopefully before I go to on my trip to florida :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts