Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ya'll just want to say i got my maxima today :D the 2002 one.

first thing i noticed on this car is the paint job...it's so sparkly haha second thing is wow it got very good torque compared to the av6...so far i haven't floored it all the way yet so i'm not sure how good the high end is but i like it so far. right now i'm still trying to figure out how to use the memory seats =/

this car compared to my 2000 av6, the maxima interior seem bit cheap...everything feels so plastic...the accord interior feels more nicer but the leather seats on the maxima feels softer and bit more comfy. another thing i don't really like is the rear end...it looks weird haha maybe it'll grow on me but as of now i kinda want to tint it a bit haha. well other than that i love this car but i miss my accord so much too =/ eh i'm just happy i got a car now :D

i don't know if i should do retrofit or not hahah =X

·
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe i actually just went for a drive at night to check out the hid's and it's pretty good it's bright but cutoff is bleh i can live with this haha my first mod's gonna be tint :D actually just retinting it a bit darker all around. does anyone know if tint will mess up the auto dimming rear view mirror thing?

btw it's an auto i don't know how to drive stick :p

·
J32A2 6-Speed Rocks
858 Posts
Kinteresting said:
hehe i actually just went for a drive at night to check out the hid's and it's pretty good it's bright but cutoff is bleh i can live with this haha my first mod's gonna be tint :D actually just retinting it a bit darker all around. does anyone know if tint will mess up the auto dimming rear view mirror thing?

btw it's an auto i don't know how to drive stick :p

Then learn how to drive stick !! Manual is the shizznaz. And yet you refuse to learn. Btw, congrats on your new preowned maxima

·
841 Posts
Congrats Kin!!

No retinting won't mess up your auto-dimming mirror. It will actually make your mirror adjust less to the light which is better.

It's a GLE right?

Performance
Base Number of Cylinders: 6 Base Engine Size: 3.5 liters
Base Engine Type: V6 Horsepower: 255 hp
Max Horsepower: 5800 rpm Torque: 246 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4400 rpm Drive Type: FWD

Some pretty nice numbers...:up: All I have to say is welcome to the VQ (torque :D ) family.

·
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got the se model and i'm pretty surprise how good this handles for a sedan...when i test drove the new camry it felt so much body roll when i was turning and not even fast too haha oh and i just notice the steering wheel is pretty big compared to the av6 feels like i'm driving a truck when i'm turning haha

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
nice kin. Is this the one i checked for you? If yes than good buy it looks like its in great condition. How much did it cost if not a secret?

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
Nice choice, now ya gotta go over to

Maxima.Org and introduce yourself...

·
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
hehe thanks i'm gonna go over there and introduce myself in a bit just doing some search for stuff first :D

btw vlad, this car is different than the one you helped me search for...the one you helped me look up was sold when i got there so i got this one instead haha

hmm i tried to post a new thread but it won't let me...it says:

lowincash, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
:confused:

·
Your V12, My V-twin.
3,851 Posts
Wow, congrats on the new car Kin... Reminds me of the same 02 Maxima SE my neighbor once had in white (until the 18 yr old got his 330Ci). Only his was cloth seats and auto.

Be careful of the paint... It's deceiving. It looks sparkly white now because it's clean. But once it starts to get a little dirty, it has a nasty yellow tint on it when viewed with sunlight.

·
♠ 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT ♠
3,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks man :D i finally floored it all the way today going home from the 626 meet and damn it was scary haha the car pulls like a mofo! i just can't get enough of the torque lol but what sucks is today i filled up my tank and costs like $48 bucks :(

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah i havent really heard any thing good about Nissan paint...Nissan is sorta notorious for having the worst paint quality for any car manufacture in the US..far worse than Honda i've even heard. Make sure you keep it freshly waxed to keep that shine. Also, wipe off any bird droppings daily to avoid paint damage...you'd be surprised how quick bird crap can eat through paint.

·
Registered Fanatic
169 Posts
Nice car :yes:

I almost got a 2001 grey SE instead of my Accord,but I was desprate to get a white car and I couldnt find any white maximas :D

Good Luck ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts