Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, i am new here and recently decided to buy a 7th gen accord V6 MT. just went to a honda dealer and test drove it last week.

probably will go get one asap. since i dont really know much about accord, have few questions.

what if we compare V6 MT to S2000 or 350z?
what size stock wheel do they have?
is there any exhaust that sounds like mugen S2000 exhaust? a little bit louder and no raspyness.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
hello everyone, i am new here and recently decided to buy a 7th gen accord V6 MT. just went to a honda dealer and test drove it last week.

probably will go get one asap. since i dont really know much about accord, have few questions.

what if we compare V6 MT to S2000 or 350z?
what size stock wheel do they have?
is there any exhaust that sounds like mugen S2000 exhaust? a little bit louder and no raspyness.
Welcome to the club! :wave:

what if we compare V6 MT to S2000 or 350z? : It'll do a good job keeping up with those cars from a roll. From a dead start you'll be behind due to their RWD advantage. Most of the time. Who's the better driver accounts for a lot, too.

what size stock wheel do they have? : It depends on what year 6mt. The 03-05's have 17x7 and the 06-07s have 17x6.5. Oops, I just read your sig and it says 07. So your wheels are 17x6.5.

is there any exhaust that sounds like mugen S2000 exhaust? : That's a total subjective question. Look in the exhaust comparison thread in this section and you'll find lots of set ups and sound clips to determine what fits that description.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. for the year model. i dont know now because i really want a low mileage. somewhere around 10000 miles. mostlikely, 06-07.

BTW, is the rim advan 5 or T5 on your avatar?

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
thank you. for the year model. i dont know now because i really want a low mileage. somewhere around 10000 miles. mostlikely, 06-07.

BTW, is the rim advan 5 or T5 on your avatar?
It's neither, well, kinda. They're Exel Ennios, Advan Model V replicas. If you click on the link under my avatar it'll take you to my garage where you can see pictures of my car and the mod list, etc. Or you can click here.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
I don't see how we can keep up from a 350Z from a roll, stock vs. stock. They make 287hp - 300hp. I have intake and j-pipe and had trouble staying with a bone stock G35 Coupe (brand new) from a roll. Now the new G35 might have 300hp (I think they do). And I think he had an auto. Now when I add test pipe and exhaust, that's a different story. But stock vs. stock, IMO, you'd have to run into an awful 350z driver to be able to hang with one. I guess "hang" is subjective as well.

As far as an S2k, it depends on where you race them from IMO. I don't think they'll necessarily outlaunch us because of the lack of torque. I know they are RWD so they should have the advantage. But realistically, from a roll, they make the same hp as us and are lighter, so once again I'd give the edge to the S2k.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
I don't see how we can keep up from a 350Z from a roll, stock vs. stock. They make 287hp - 300hp. I have intake and j-pipe and had trouble staying with a bone stock G35 Coupe (brand new) from a roll. Now the new G35 might have 300hp (I think they do). And I think he had an auto. Now when I add test pipe and exhaust, that's a different story. But stock vs. stock, IMO, you'd have to run into an awful 350z driver to be able to hang with one. I guess "hang" is subjective as well.

As far as an S2k, it depends on where you race them from IMO. I don't think they'll necessarily outlaunch us because of the lack of torque. I know they are RWD so they should have the advantage. But realistically, from a roll, they make the same hp as us and are lighter, so once again I'd give the edge to the S2k.
We could argue about this all day long, because all these examples of encounters have been beaten to death in many many threads, but I was just giving a general "we can keep up" statement (and yes that is subjective) because there is no definite answer since there are soooooooo many factors that could result in any of the cars mentioned to win. The new G37s (not G35) have 330hp, so that's why you lost, but the G35s had around 280 and many AV6 owners have beat them or "kept up", including moi.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didn't really test how fast accord is since it was my first touch, and i dont really like to abuse other people's cars. LOL. i am just stuck somewhere between S2000 and Accord V6 MT. it's hard to make a choice since both of them have pros and cons. i watched 2 vids on youtube between Z and accord. yeah, Z is definitely faster. however, i dont really care if they are faster. just curious and asking. thank you for help.

·
✔ Verified Member
5,836 Posts
Buy the Z, HUGE aftermarket support for it!

Off topic, but why in the hizzle would you sell your NSX? :gotme:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5 years ago, Z was in my eyes. right now, i wont touch it since Nissan has poor customer service, and i like Honda quality & reliability. i hate its front end now.

NSX is kinda old technology. the car has its own problems. it's time to get something new instead of living in the past.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
We could argue about this all day long, because all these examples of encounters have been beaten to death in many many threads, but I was just giving a general "we can keep up" statement (and yes that is subjective) because there is no definite answer since there are soooooooo many factors that could result in any of the cars mentioned to win. The new G37s (not G35) have 330hp, so that's why you lost, but the G35s had around 280 and many AV6 owners have beat them or "kept up", including moi.
I guess we could argue all day, but I don't have the time :D

And it was a G35 Coupe, not a G37 (I was behind him at the light getting on the interstate). He didn't beat me btw, he couldn't pull me at all. I was basically stuck about 1/2 car behind him (which is where we basically started). That's why I said I had difficulty staying up because I wasn't pulling at all and IMO if I would have stayed on it with him at higher speeds I probably would have gotten pulled..but that's just my opinion, I don't have objective data to say one or the other.

And he could have been MT, I really couldn't tell. I assumed he had an auto because he was sitting at the light on an even surface with his brakes on, whereas most guys/gals that drive stick will pop it in neutral and pull off the brake and let the car "sit" there on an even surface (at least that's what I've always done). So I honestly have no idea if he was auto or MT.

No worries though, the borla and test pipe are going in soon and then I won't have to worry about a stock G35 anymore. And in Indy, there aren't many modded imports - its all modded domestics, and I KNOW my place in the food chain :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i forgot to ask another question since i have heard something about Honda's 6 speed MT. 2nd/3rd gear problem. particularly, 2nd gear grinds and 3rd gear pops out. i really want to know some experience from you guys.

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
i didn't really test how fast accord is since it was my first touch, and i dont really like to abuse other people's cars. LOL. i am just stuck somewhere between S2000 and Accord V6 MT. it's hard to make a choice since both of them have pros and cons. i watched 2 vids on youtube between Z and accord. yeah, Z is definitely faster. however, i dont really care if they are faster. just curious and asking. thank you for help.
search youtube for cb7dc5rr vs accord...there are two vids...the rsx is 2006 type s has CAI/RH/E/RBC/Tuned on Kpro making 215...accord is 6speed, has test pipes,j-pipe, axle back, stock intake. You might like the accord a lil more after watchin. :up:

·
resident noob
480 Posts
search youtube for cb7dc5rr vs accord...there are two vids...the rsx is 2006 type s has CAI/RH/E/RBC/Tuned on Kpro making 215...accord is 6speed, has test pipes,j-pipe, axle back, stock intake. You might like the accord a lil more after watchin. :up:
looks like the rsx won :(

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
i forgot to ask another question since i have heard something about Honda's 6 speed MT. 2nd/3rd gear problem. particularly, 2nd gear grinds and 3rd gear pops out. i really want to know some experience from you guys.

I haven't had the 2nd gear grind, but I've experienced the third gear pop-out in both my RSX-S 6 speed and Accord V6 6 speed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts