Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi..

Just got off phone with a Taiwan shop that does some interesting electronic mods for accord and crv.. what they got for us are..

1. auto lock door when speed exceed 30kph, unlock when turn off iginition
2. when in reverse, the side view mirror automatically tilt down some %
3. cabinet air movement/shock sensor for OEM alarm.. (great for detecting broken glass)

i think 1 and 2 should work for us.. not sure about 3 since TW model seems to have different alarm setup.. the best part is they're all cheap!! we're talking about no more than $40 for each model!!

ps, i was told 1 and 2 are universal mods that can work with gen6 as well..

so who's interested?

UPDATE - July 10
Ok.. didn't count but seems we got more than 20 people interested for #1 and #2.. i will be calling the shop again tomorrow evening and see if we can get a good price... and i will order 2 (or more) units of #1 and #2 to have few people in socal test them.. just make sure they works with usdm cars..

#3.. only got couple interested.. but i will if i can get a test unit for free...

6gen and other cars.. they claim #1 should work with ALL cars as long as you know which wire to tap into ECU for speed.. #2 as well but of course you gotta have motorized side mirror already..

for payment.. this is something i have to work out maybe with v6p.. why? because i don't have time to deal with individual payments and shippings, etc.. if v6p team can do it better than me, i don't see why not..

so hold your horses.. let me find out more info in next few days...

UPDATE - July 12
Just talked to the shop again.. going to have to wait for them to reply on shipping cost to LA, as well as how to make payments.. most likely wire transfer (ouch)..

cost,
#1 is $1500 TWD.. that's about $45 USD.. they will get back to me for a GB pricing on 30+ units..
#2 is unknown at this moment as they just changed a part supplier and don't even have any module in stock anymore.. going to have to wait until end of July..

also another news on #1.. it only works on car with cruise control.. so i guess dx people are out of luck...

my plan is getting 5 #1 unit to test fit in LA area.. most likely it will not be a problem, but we will have to figure out the wiring ourself as they're not 100% sure our accord wiring is the same as theirs.. using the test units, we can document the installation process so others can do this easily.

when #2 becomes available at end of July.. we will do the same thing..

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
brex said:
Hi..

Just got off phone with a Taiwan shop that does some interesting electronic mods for accord and crv.. what they got for us are..

1. auto lock door when speed exceed 30kph, unlock when turn off iginition
3. cabinet air movement/shock sensor for OEM alarm.. (great for detecting broken glass)

i think 1 and 2 should work for us.. not sure about 3 since TW model seems to have different alarm setup.. the best part is they're all cheap!! we're talking about no more than $40 for each model!!

ps, i was told 1 and 2 are universal mods that can work with gen6 as well..

so who's interested?

I really like mod1 and 2 :D

Great find! :up2:

·
147 Posts
im very interested in mod#2!!!
thought i was gonna have to do a custom job after sitting in an MDX with this feature....very handy IMO especially since i suck at parallel

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fast_Draw said:
I'll take an order of #2, I have #1 & 3 with my aftermarket alarm.
I also have #1 with aftermarket alarm.. but i found it very unuseful and dangerous of leaving my key in the car.. since the alarm automatically lock the door whenever door closes..

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
I'd be in for a #1 and a #2.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts

I'm interested... hopefully it turns a great product.

·
Registered
255 Posts
im interested in number 1. That sounds a whole lot better than the explorer i used to have..it would lock but it didnt unlock when engine off...so i think unlocking is a neat feature :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Brex- there is a guy in Ohio doing almost the same thing.

He can put the windows up and down with the stock remote.
There is a guy that figured out how to do it with the remote, he needs an Accord in the Ohio area to see if it works -Beta testing.

I think it is only $60 and you can also add in the auto door lock when moving feature (I personally do not want that).

He also has switch memory available, so that you can keep TC traction control off until you turn it on.... that's pretty cool.

Maybe he can do the mirror too.....
Here is his site.

www.KPtechnologies.net

Just so you know I do not know him nor am I affiliated with him what so ever... I saw it on the Maxiam board that I frequent... i am an Ex Max owner.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shadytype said:
Brex- there is a guy in Ohio doing almost the same thing.

He can put the windows up and down with the stock remote.
There is a guy that figured out how to do it with the remote, he needs an Accord in the Ohio area to see if it works -Beta testing.
I can lower the windows with the stock remote on my 04 with no mods. Does the 03 do this too?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Akyla... yes 03/04 can both lower via the remote.
What he adds is the ability to put the windows back up... something which car manufacterers don't give you...

The thing he sells gives you control of both Windows DOWN and UP through the remote.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shadytype said:
Akyla... yes 03/04 can both lower via the remote.
What he adds is the ability to put the windows back up... something which car manufacterers don't give you...

The thing he sells gives you control of both Windows DOWN and UP through the remote.
That would be damn nice to have. Thanks Shadytype!

1 - 20 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.