Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I've got a 4DR LX, Any suggestions on which one is a better in dash dvd/nav?

Pioneer
AVICN2
Price: $1,699.99



Kenwood Navigation Package
KNA-DV4100 navigation system
KVT-715DVD DVD receiver with 7" LCD video monitor




Also since these are single din, would the metra dash kit work w/o cutting?

Anyone has pics?
 

·
oSCaR
Joined
·
4,919 Posts
there are a few pics of the AVIC N1 installed on 7th gen cubby holes here, you can search for em.

I dont remember any pics of it replacing the head unit, since thats not what I'm really looking for.

about which one is better... Most people took sides w/ Pioneer in another thread that asked the same question. I think the other close two were Alpine and Eclipse, so yea Kenwood wasnt in the mix.

I think theres two AVIC-N1's for sale (for like 1G) in the FS section iirc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
DallasAccord said:
Hey guys,
I've got a 4DR LX, Any suggestions on which one is a better in dash dvd/nav?

Pioneer
AVICN2
Price: $1,699.99



Kenwood Navigation Package
KNA-DV4100 navigation system
KVT-715DVD DVD receiver with 7" LCD video monitor




Also since these are single din, would the metra dash kit work w/o cutting?

Anyone has pics?
I would wat a few months,Pioneer has new units coming out. I already ordered the new Avic D2 which is the first 7" double din. They updated everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,633 Posts
wht/accord99v6 said:
I would wat a few months,Pioneer has new units coming out. I already ordered the new Avic D2 which is the first 7" double din. They updated everything.
I'd wait for that if I were you. Motorized monitors don't look as good as double din units. And the bonus to many double din units is that everything comes built-in, including the GPS navigation computer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
Also, FYI Kenwood is coming out with a Hard Drive/Compact Flash based nav unit designed by Garmin. It should be faster than a DVD based system and I believe it will be compatible with the outgoing 2005 models as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,633 Posts
PeaPod said:
Also, FYI Kenwood is coming out with a Hard Drive/Compact Flash based nav unit designed by Garmin. It should be faster than a DVD based system and I believe it will be compatible with the outgoing 2005 models as well.
Any more info about this? Garmin makes great GPS devices. And I should know because own the first Palm based PDA with built-in GPS, the iQue 3600 (slightly bragging :p ) .
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top