Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
courtesy of the District of Columbia!:mad: Gotta love speeding cameras... nothing like helping increase the revenue for our wonderful nations capital. Got nabbed doing 56 in a 35 at 6am in the damn morning. Guess they caught me snoozing. Never again!

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It probably wouldn't have worked because as you can see in the first picture... the flash isn't directly reflecting off of the plate. It's slightly ahead of my car. The second picture clearly shows the plate lit up by the flash. Either way, the cams are high res which allows them to zoom in and inhance the plate. They will get ya one way or another.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
DAMN... never knew that those cameras really send a pic of you. did you see a flash behind you when you were drivin? or its a no flash camera?

·
Registered
763 Posts
that sucks dude, my brother got caught by a speeding camera in dc also. You usually see the flash, so you know its coming.

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Du3ce said:
how many points do u get taken off? or is it just a $ fine?
Its just a fine so its no biggie... but sucks none the less.
Fine Breakdown
They lower the speed limit to 35 around the cameras so that you get caught at a higher fine level. Sneaky bastards!

spec7 said:
DAMN... never knew that those cameras really send a pic of you. did you see a flash behind you when you were drivin? or its a no flash camera?
Yeah, there are two bright flashes... woke me up LOL. You can see that I was breaking hard in both pictures. I knew the instant the first flash went off.... I was like DAMNIT!

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hongda said:
wow that sucks and there no cars around.
From what I understand about how they work.... if there are multiple cars passing through the zone together, the camera cannot accurately tell what car is speeding so it doesn't take the photos.

I just happened to be ahead of the pack of cars that morning so I was in the clear to get caught. That wasn't my normal route to work so I wasn't aware of that particular camera. Just after it went off I looked in my rear view and saw a group of cars going REALLY slow... they obviously knew of the camera location. Had I been caught in that pack I would have been fine. Oh well.

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Kingof3rdinput said:
That is f'n gay. We only have cam's if you run red's.
Gay indeed... but just wait, they are coming for you!

BTW, the MD-VA-DC area is full of red light cameras and now speeding cams. Consider yourselves lucky... for now.

For example:

and they are also mounted to unmarked patrol cars.... note the flash on the bumper

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
driven said:
where exactly did you get caught? there arent many of those kind's of cameras in MD, but many many in DC
New York Ave headed into the city. Think there are enough....

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
what are the other "hash-marks" (<--- i guess u can call em) for? so they could tell how fast you were going? like measure the distance traveled from one pic to the next and calculate a speed?

that sucks, I got caught running a red light at like 7am in the morning, in a freakin SMALL intersection... there were NO cars around, whack. but now SPEEDING cameras for the freeway!

oh no... what is this world coming to? pretty soon were gonna have surveillance all around the neighborhood making sure we dont smoke any mary j, jaywalk, or cameras on stop signs!

·
Registered
53 Posts
btw....that Phantom spray sucks. I used it and it yellowed from the sun and also cracked. My white WA plate looked like I pissed on it. I ended up getting a new plate.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts