Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I finally bit the bullet and got my car tinted. 20% all around Platinum tint. These pics are after freshly washing my car, and it has about 6-8 coats of Zaino on it- thought I didn't put any on today- last time I waxed it was about 2 months ago. Zaino rocks! I absolutely love the tint!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they're going to fix the dot matrix in a week after everything else cures. Just going to cut that portion off and they have some other way of fixing it.

Plus they scratched the passenger side window during install so they're going to have to redo that side too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
u serious alex? i have to redo my rear window and i live in norcal. u kno of a good place to tint w/ dot matriX? im in the eastbay

·
Registered
933 Posts
johnswu said:
u serious alex? i have to redo my rear window and i live in norcal. u kno of a good place to tint w/ dot matriX? im in the eastbay

Well I used to go to Bay Car, but not anymore. Great work, THICK tint(the thickest i've come accross, very high quality), decent labor prices, BUT shady as fawk!

I'll ask my friends. I know there's one on mission, but there's sooo many so I have to make sure it's the right one i'm recommending lol. Don't wanna screw over another V6P'er!

·
Registered
98 Posts
haha thanks plz post up the place's info wen u find it. thanks again!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xjdMb16a2six said:
wow your car is shineyyyyy
:D It is in direct sunlight too, but I do think Zaino is some killer polish

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the same tint in 18%, i think, on a black 7th gen. I was skeptical at first of the black vinyl over the dot matrix, but it comes out looking pretty cool. My only complaint is that from certain angles, you can't se into the car at all, and at others, it is like there is no tint at all.

But then again, i don't see my car when i am driving, so i have no idea what it looks like in motion.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think that's what they're going to do to mine- cut off the tint and put black vinyl. I agree about the angles thing- it seems like it's impossible to see through at certain angles- it could be because of the metallic nature of the tint though.

Have you gotten hassled for your tint at all?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have had it for about a month and a half, and have had no trouble whatsoever.
I live in Saint Louis City, which is real lax about BS tickets, but travel in saint Louis County, where i got BS tickets in my rice rocket civic all the time.
No hassle anywhere though.
BTW, i like the look

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. Now I just need to lower it and get some 18's:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the lowering springs for my car, but am experiencing a bit of a cash flow problem, so the springs will have to wait until the rims are bought to be installed...
can anyone say Tax refund

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
that looks more like a qauntum tint than a platinum to me... i have it and it looks just like yours.. i love how it looks... when it is far away , you cant see jack, from up close, you can see inside and your reflection... best tint out there....

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's possible- my freind is the manager of a car shop and I gave him my car and he got it done for me- he said it was platinum tint and that there is metal in the tint.

Whatever it is- it looks killer;)

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
yah, its a definalty killer... i got many compliments about my tint job from my co-workers... only thing i dont like is the thick black lining on the rear windows.... this tint looks damn good on beemer... i saw one with it and i drop my jaws....

do you have a navi on yours, i heard the metal in the tint job will disrupt the navi... but i dont know if it is tru or not...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts